Good Morning
Thank you for visiting my blog today.
I was asked to make a card for someone to send to a friend who is have a difficult time. I've seen lots of beautiful trellis cards displayed on Joanna Sheen's craft forum and decided to give one a go.
I used a lovely cream pearlescent card for the base card. Using a glitter girls board I added the shape and then carefully cut around it. Thin strips of the same card were used to create the trellis, and then the same shape was cut out and added on the reverse to hold the trellising in place. The tiny flowers on the trellis were punched from pink and lilac pearlescnt paper and a glitter vellum and then layered up. A tiny bead was added to the centre of each flower.
The roses were made from the same papers, cut using a Marianne die. The leaves were cut from the glittered vellum using a Marianne die, a x-cut punch and a Nellie Snellen punch. The butterfly is also a Marianne die and 3 tiny pearls were added to the centre
On the inside of the card I added a printed insert with words requested by my customer. On the back of the insert - so the bit that is seen through the trellis - I added a sheet of glittered vellum.
This card took many hours to create, but I thoroughly enjoyed making it and think it is a style I will be repeating.
I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
Crafty Ann's Challenge - Get Well Soon/Thinking Of You/Just Because
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion Challenge - Anything Goes
Totally PaperCrafts Challenge - Bingo - I've used Die-cuts, flowers and gems
I hope you have a lovely day.
Jo x

10 comments:
A stunning card, it is beautiful and so well made. Very elegant. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x
WOW Jo this is absolutely gorgeous xx Jan
Wow! Stunning card. The trellis looks amazing and your flowers are beautiful.
Thanks for joining our 'bingo' challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Sorry we were having Mr. Linky problems!
Caroline xxx
How stunning! Thank you for joining us at Craft your passion this week, hope to see you again soon! Elaine GDT xxx p.s I have new candy so feel free to come and enter! www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.com
WOW!!!
An absolutely stunning creation.
Love the trellis, your beautiful flowers and embellies.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
x
Stunning!!
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts and good luck
Anne x
Absolutely stunning Jo - in fact I think it's the best trellis card I've seen so far. The person receiving this would certainly know they were in your thoughts. I love your flowers. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's and I hope we'll see you next time too.
Ann x
Jo Thanks for your comment on my blog and the info too! :0)
Gorgeous card.So many pretty,delicate details and certainly worth the time spent on it.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x
This is SO FABULOUS! I saw it over at Crafty Ann's and just had to come let you know how wonderful it is. I've never seen a trellis card before...just gorgeous.
Post a Comment