Followers

Thursday, 28 July 2011

Going AWOL For A While

This will be my last post for a little while as tomorrow morning a group of 41 of us will travel to Lourdes for a weeks' pilgrimage.  My view for the next week will be the one you see as the header for my blog.

I have a very special friend who is my carer for the week, helps me whenever I need help, and pushes my wheelchair for miles in all.  We met on my first pilgrimage 6 years ago and have become very good friends.

I know quite a number of the people in my group, but as always there will be a few new faces.

My factor 50 sun cream and raincoat go everywhere with me whilst I am away as the weather can change in seconds!!  Hopefully I will  be using the suncream more than the raincoat on this trip!!

Even though we are part of a large group, there is plenty of opportunity for 'quiet time'.  We laugh a lot, cry a lot and have time to think and reflect.  It really is a very special place to go, and I always feel much better mentally when I return.  Physically of course, it is a different story and I know it will take me time to recover, but it is well worth it.

The rest of my family have some lovely days out planned whilst I am away, so I hope the weather stays kind to them.  They always feel guilty if they go to places where I can't join in, so this way they can go and enjoy themselves guilt free.

So, I hope you all have a lovely week, get lots of sunshine and crafting time, and I'll catch up with you all on my return.

Jo x

6 comments:

Jan said...

I hope you have a wonderful time Jo! Love & hugs Jan xx

Carol said...

Have a great time Jo, hope you come back feeling very refreshed. Carol x

Rosietoes said...

Jo I hope you have a wonderfully, refreshing break and enjoy meeting the new people on your trip. It sounds as though it's a time as much for the soul as for the change of scenery.

Bon voyage my friend. Catch you when you get back.

Edna x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I hope you have fantastic time and laugh more than you cry and see more sun than rain. Hugs Marianne x

Lynsey said...

Hi Jo, hope you have a lovely time.
hugs Lynsey x

Anne said...

Jo I hope you run short of sun cream and your raincoat gets creased from lack of use. Enjoy your break and your pilgrimage.
Hugs
Anne