Followers

Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Fun At The Beach

Good Evening

I hope you're all well.

I had some slightly upsetting news from my GP last night.  The recent tests they've done have shown that my heart rate is still far too high, which is why I'm getting breathless so easily.  He has referred me to a cardiologist at the hospital.  I don't know quite what to expect really, I'm already on medication to slow my heart rate down!

Anyhow, on to today's card.  I didn't think Jayne Nestorenko could better the Patchwork Polly range of stamps, but her new Adorables range are just fabulous.  I didn't get all 12 stamp sets, but I did get the cd-rom.





The lovely seaside scene is printed from the cd-rom.  The little girl, bucket, spade, shells, starfish, crab and boat are all stamped onto watercolour card using versafine ink, and then painted with Lyra's.  The base cardstock is a cream linen, and the scene is mounted onto gold linen card.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations - To The Seaside

Totally PaperCrafts Challenge - The Beach

One Stop Craft Challenge - Summer Time

One Stitch At A Time Challenge - Anything Goes

Pollycraft Monday Challenge - The Great Outdoors

Shopping Our Stash - In With The New (this is a new cd-rom and stamp set).

Dream Valley Challenges - Summer Theme

Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Fun In The Sun

Thanks for stopping by.

Jo x

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous scene you've created! I just love the vintage feel to it; so pretty! Hope everything goes well with the cardiologist. Do they know why your heart rate is up and can you feel it? xx

Diane's Card Designs said...

This is a gorgeous card and I love all the detail. Hope you get better soon.
Diane :-) xx

scrapperjulia said...

What a beautiful summer scene! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

Crystal said...

What a fabulous scene you created with those fabulous images. Love your colouring too. Hope you feel better soon!
Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping our Stash (SOS)!

Jan said...

Love this Jo gorgeous card xx jan

Mina said...

oh no Jo Im so sorry to hear about your problems with your heart I hope it can be sorted out soon...your card is stunning, a perfect summer day and it made me smile...thanks for joining in with our Bunny Zoe's Crafts monthly challenge
Mina xxx

Deena said...

this card is fabulous...i love how you mixed the printed with the stamped images...thanks for playing at SOS this week!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card. And I'm sure the cardiologist will get you sorted in no time at all. After all, they are the experts. Sending you hugs and thanks for joining our challenge at Dream Valley. xx

Nikki Byrne said...

Stunning card and background :o) Thank you for joining us this week at OSAAT . Good luck,. Nikki DT

Wenda said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week.

Hugs Wenda

Rosietoes said...

Hope they can find out what is causing your heart rate to be so high Jo. I know it's easy to say try not to worry but I'm sure worry won't help.
Sending you lots of hugs. xxx

Your card is smashing. I think the scenes on this CD are just fab.

Edna x

leslie (crookedstamper) said...

Yay for using your new stuff! Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash this week!

paige said...

What an awesome scene you have created here! Thanks for joining us at SOS!