Followers

Friday, 15 July 2011

By The Seaside

Good Morning

The day started off very cloudy with rain in the air but the sun has broken through to bring us another gorgeous day.  So my card for today is quite appropriate.

The card is made using one of the 'All Our Yesterday's' decoupage sheets from Joanna Sheen.  I love decoupage and these sheets are a real pleasure to work with.

The light blue base card is dry embossed using the Keepsake Splendour Embossing board.  I don't have a lot of embossing boards but this one really caught my eye, I love the shapes on it.  I then embossed some dark blue card using some of the corners on the board and then layered them up.  Light blue pearls (available from Joanna Sheen) were then added.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Crafts and Me Challenge - Summertime

Crafty Ann's Challenge - Dry Embossing

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Jo x

6 comments:

Jan said...

Fab card Jo love the embossed shape and the image. xx Jan

Ann Whitfield said...

This is gorgeous Jo, I love the strong colours and embossed shape. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful image, Jo, and a gorgeous card. Hope you're ok. xx

Janet said...

A fabulous card. It is eyecatching with a really smart colour combination. Your pearly corners are perfect. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.

Janet xx

Mags said...

What a lovely Card. I am not very good with embossing boards - but you have used that with such great effect, I might be tempted to reconsider.

Mags x

Jen said...

Lovely card again this week and congratulations on top three last week. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x