Followers

Friday, 24 June 2011

Thank You Teddy Bea

Good Evening

I hope you've had a good day.  I've been glued to the tv quite a bit today watching the lovely Jayne Nestorenko launch her new stamp range.  Aren't they beautiful.  I had to place a 'little' order and will be building up the set over time.  Very naughty I know but what's a girl to do?

My card for today features my favourite teddy.  I was brought a lovely bouquet of flowers the other day and wanted to send a thank you card.  I realised that I hadn't yet used this Teddy Bea image so quickly rectified that!!!

Teddy Bea is coloured with pencils.  The teacup is paper pieced and then the image is placed onto a spellbinders label die.  The sentiment (which is very clear in real life!) is a LOTV stamp.  The rolled flowers are made from the same paper as the tea cup which I inked on the reverse side to blend in better.  The leaves are cut from white glitter card using a Marianne Die.  The side panel is punched down the edge using a Martha Stewart punch.  Co-ordinating eyelets were added so that I could thread a narrow white satin ribbon through.  Three Papermania Mosaics were added to complete the design.

This is another version of the card with different colours and an alternative punch.



I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Teddy Bo Challenge - Bling it on

Truly Scrumptious Challenge - Sketch

Stamps R Us 1 image, 2 papers, 3 embellishments

Whoopsi Daisy Challenge Pile on the flowers

Rainbow Lady's Challenge Use a digi

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jo x

12 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous, I love the image and your colours are fab, thanks for joining us this time at Teddy bo, big hugs Pops

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Fab card - I haven't seen this Bea for ages - thanks for sharing with us at Teddy Bo
Hugs,
Debbie xx

Bev said...

Ah this is just fab! I forgot I had this Bea, must dig her out again. Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo x

Carol said...

Gorgeous Jo, love your colours. Carol x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card....Love Teddy Bea and your papers and colours are gorgeous...Thanks for sharing with us at Truly Scrumptious...
Mandy x

Jan said...

Gosh Jo, this is adorable xx Jan

Diane's Card Designs said...

Ahhh this is gorgeous. I love the sweet little image and your layout. Must get those leaf dies, Marianne Dies I think?
Diane :-) xx

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Hi Jo, your image is so cute and I just love this card you have made - beautiful flowers!! Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY and RAINBOW LADY this week:)

Rainbow Lady said...

Teddy Bea is very cute. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

Marilyn Webb said...

Simply beautiful! I love Teddy Bo images. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamps R Us.
hugs Marilyn

Clairebears said...

I love the papers you have used and Teddy Bea in hiding in her tea cup :0)

Thanks for playing along with Teddy Bo's challenge.

Love Clairebears x

Marlies said...

What a gorgeous card, I love the cute image! Beautiful colours!
Thanks for joining us at Truly Scrumptious.
Hugs, Marlies