Followers

Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Here Comes Summer

Good Morning

It seems summer is coming to everywhere but Manchester!! I'm sorry to keep moaning about the weather, but the rain does seem to have a detrimental effect on my condition and is getting me down.

So with thoughts (hopes) of the summer, my card for today uses a gorgeous image from The Pamela West Collection cd-rom by Joanna Sheen.


Isn't this a beautiful image? It brings back lots of happy holiday memories to me.

The frame is die cut using a Marianne die, and the backing paper, which unfortunately doesn't show up too well in the phote, is from the same cd-rom. The base card uses white hammered cardstock from Papermill.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Here Comes Summer

Rainbow Lady's Challenge Sunrise/Sunset

Truly Scrumptious Challenge Summer Sparkle

A Spoonful Of Sugar Here Comes Summer

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave me a comment so I know you've been.

Jo x

10 comments:

Anne said...

No summer here either! It was sunny this morning and I had a meeting at work, went with skirt, bare legs, sandals. I'm home for lunch now and I think I've got frostbite! Hugging the Aga and trying to thaw out.
Your card is beautiful, if only the weather would match it
Anne
x

Jan said...

Fab card Jo xx Jan

Jen said...

Lovely card, like the way you have framed the image. Thank you for sharing it with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jen x

Rainbow Lady said...

No summer here either.... dull dreich and cold - heating on.....Thanks so much for this lovely entry.... super image..... Love Cynthia x

Rosietoes said...

It's been pouring down here all day and we've had thunder and lightning. Not very summery I'm afraid but your card more than makes up for that Jo. It's lovely. :)

Edna x

starcyl said...

Another great card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jenny x

Christine said...

Beautiful card and a gorgeous frame. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Hugs
Christine x

Mandy said...

Hi Jo,
This is such a beautiful scene,really reminds me of holiday to...Gorgeous card...
Mandy x

Mary J said...

So gorgeous, Jo! Beautifully framed!

Beth said...

oh this is lovely! Very calming!! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

Love Beth xx