Good Afternoon
The card I was planning on posting yesterday, which took me hours to do, I very cleverly forgot to photograph before it went to my customer!!! I've had another increase in my medication and I feel even more 'out of it' than usual. I'm hoping that the effects will lessen some when my body gets used to the higher dose. So no post yesterday!
I am still making my thank you card calendars, I just can't seem to craft at a decent speed at the moment!! I am thoroughly enjoying making them though, so I suppose that's what counts.
This one is bigger than the others I've made. It's for my mum and dad and I wanted to used the Grandma and Grandad images from the SWALK range, these images really make me smile, and I know they'll make mum and dad smile too.
I die cut a couple of ovals onto some white card, stamped with Versafine ink and coloured in using Lyra Aquacolours. I added some colour to the edges of the ovals using cut and dry foam and hydrangea big n juicy inkpad. The backing paper is printed from the SWALK 2 cd-rom. I punched both edges of some silver paper with an x-cut border punch and placed the calendar tab over this. I felt it was lacking something, and drawing inspiration from a top that a friend was wearing, I ran some running stitches along some organza ribbon using invisible thread then roughly gathered it up. It proved a bit of a challenge attaching it to the card, but I cracked it in the end using a combination of double-sided tape and collall glue gel.
I think that the temptation is going to be very great this weekend. Both Joanna Sheen and Sheena Douglass are on Create & Craft over the weekend and I love their products.
Enjoy the rest of your day.

1 comment:
Super idea Jo and I'm sure your Mum and Dad will be suitably impressed. The SWALK characters are so much fun and this is lovely.
Edna x
Post a Comment