Hello Again!
It's another dull, miserable day here today, the light hasn't improved all day which made photographing todays card even more difficult (I know, excuses, excuses I hear you shout!!!!!).
This is my card for the House Mouse 'New Beginnings' Challenge. I think every House Mouse image I've ever seen has made me smile.
I made a square card for my base using Pearlescent card from PaperMill. The lace backing paper and floral backing paper are both printed from Joanna Sheen's Precious Petals cd-rom. The House Mouse decoupage is again from Joanna Sheen. I used a Martha Stewart Deep Edge punch along one of the backing papers, and then added a tiny pearl to the centre of each flower. I also added some larger pearls to the bottom corners.
Now for the flowers..... I've tried making flowers in the past, without much success, so not to be beaten, I decided to give it another go. Not having a punch or stamp, I decided to draw a rough 6 petal shape in 2 sizes. I cut these out and then drew round them 3 times per flower onto the left-over pieces of backing paper. I then made up the flowers as shown in a demo I'd seen. Anyway, I was quite pleased with the result. I think they show a little clearer in this photo.
The leaves were made using an x-cut embossing punch, and then I added a couple of swirls made using a Marianne die.
I decided against adding a sentiment to the card because I think it is perfect for an Engagement, Wedding, Anniversary or 'Moving In Together' card, to name but a few!
Thanks for stopping by today, enjoy the rest of your Saturday.


9 comments:
Hi Jo, this image is so cute, and you did a lot of cutting and snipping here, but the effect is beautiful. Love your papers and flowrs, nicely done. Thanks for joining the House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge and Blog Hop. Good luck with the prizes.
Hug
Sue
Hi jo
aww a gorgeous card, beautiful colouring,lovely papers & embelies,thank you for joining us at House Mouse & Friends this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x
Hi Jo gorgeou cute Hm creation lovely soft colour combo..thanks for sharing with HM & Friends New Year blog hop..hope your lucky.
smiles Christine XX
Pretty creation. Thank you for joining House Mouse challenge
Happy crafting
Tracy x
House Mouse GD for January
Gorgeous card Jo :-) I love this image and the papers and flowers are beautiful !! :-)
thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x
Wonderful card! I have tried to make those darned flowers several times and seem to be all thumbs. I even tried to make one yesterday that ended in the trash LOL! Lovely all occasion for sure. Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge.
Lovely card Jo. Well done on the roses!! You know who to contact if you need die cuts but you've done a super job on these. I would be too lazy to make my own.
Edna x
Blimey those flowers are great, I've never been successful at this! Lovely card.
Anne
x
Your card is so sweet and lovely. Love this soft colors and this great image. Thank you so much for joining us at House Mouse & Friends Monday Challenge.
Hugs, Natascha
Post a Comment