Followers

Saturday, 8 September 2012

Less Is More - One Layer

It seems like ages since I joined in with the Less Is More challenge so decided to challenge myself today.  This week the challenge is to create a one layer card with the theme of foliage.  Here is my card:


I find that one layer cards take a lot more planning and this one was no exception.  I had bought a new embossing folder earlier this week which fit the challenge perfectly.  I embossed some Centura Pearl card with the embossing folder and then scored a further line of embossing to separate it from the rest of the card.
The stamps are both from a set of sentiments, stamped using Big and Juicy Spice Ink pad.  Finally I coloured some areas of embossing using Spectrum Noir pens.

My card is also for the following challenges:

Raise the Bar - Celebrate Fall

One Stop Craft Challenge  - No floral embellishments

Thanks for visiting my blog today and for all the lovely comments you leave, I really enjoy reading them all.

  

19 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, I love the embossing

Sue

Pauline said...

Simply beautiful, the embossed panel is so elegant, and I like the pop of coloured pearl accents.

Suzilou said...

Really like the embossing folder and the way you have used it and the colouring on it looks like liquid pearls :)

Lynne said...

Super card, love that EF, it`s gorgeous.
Lynne xxx

Chrissie said...

That's a great embossing folder Jo. Charming card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sonia said...

Fabulous embossed paper:) Final result is wonderful dearest Jo:)
Big hug,
Sonia

cotnob said...

This is beautiful Jo - so elegant. I find LIM very difficult and one layer even more so, like you say they need very careful planning.
Pauline
x

Loli said...

Hola Jo, what amazing embossing folder and what beautiful and elegant card, perfect touch of colour, great work!
Hugs from Palma de Mallorca

Kaz said...

Very pretty, I love the dots you added.

Carol said...

A beautiful OLC Jo, love the embossing and the touch of colour. Carol x

GinaA said...

Fab embossing and I really like the coloured details.

Mandi said...

That embossing is fabulous!

Thanks very much
mandi
"Less si More"

Unknown said...

A very stylish, classy and elegant card! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Peggy said...

Beautiful CAS card! Love the touches of fall colors that you added. Thank you for joining us this week at Raise The Bar!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your leafy embossing and the touches of colour Jo! Vicky x

Julie Brooks said...

You have some lovely cards and projects on your blog. And thank you for your kind comment on my Less Is More entry.

Sue said...

Very elegant! That is a lovely embossing. Sue x

Linby said...

Well done on purchasing that fab embossing folder, not seen it before but perfect for the challenge. You've achieved a beautiful card with it.
Linbyx

~*Joni said...

I love the design! That folder is perfect, so elegant and wonderfully used as a single layer with plenty of depth. Thank you so much for joining in on our challenge this week at Raise The Bar!
~*Joni RTB DT