Followers

Monday, 17 September 2012

Happy Birthday Daughter

Lots of tears in our house yesterday.  Hubby took my eldest daughter off to Uni for the first time!  She seems to be settling in very well and is sharing with a lovely group of students.  I can't believe it, it feels like such a short time ago that we brought her home from hospital at 3 days old!

Emma is settling into High School very well.  She is changing all the time, growing up so fast.

I'm very proud of both my daughters.

It's Sarah's birthday this week and this is the card I have made for her:


8 x 8 card blank
I used the Woodland Folk and Friends cd-rom from do-crafts, owl from the decoupage section and the leaves backing paper.
I then punched lots of leaves using my X-cut Botanical Embossing punch and layer them up in a circle (of sorts).  I stamped the sentiment using stamps from LOTV and Versafine Olympia Green ink.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:


Bearly Mine Challenges - Anything Goes

CRAFT Challenge - Autumn

Willow Sketchie Challenge - Things With Wings

Raise the Bar Challenge - Things With Wings

Crafty Ann's Challenge - Autumnal Colours

The Crafty Pad Challenge - Autumn Colours

One Stitch At A Time - Autumn Colours

Songbird Challenge - Defying Gravity

Thanks for visiting my blog today.




19 comments:

Inkypinkydelights said...

Those leaves look amazing and make for a lovely card. Thanks for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the Challenge. Judy x

Laura Bradley said...

Aww he is a cutie! Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Songbird! Laura x

Cards By MI said...

Very pretty. Love your stunning owl. Thanks for joining us over at BMC this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous...fabulous image.xxx

Sonia said...

Hi dear Jo, this card is wonderful and the owl is so cute:)
Hugs,
Sonia

Sonia said...

Fabulous creation, great job!
Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.
Good Luck!
-Sony WSC DT
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

iReneM said...

A great card, Jo - just love this owl :)
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
x

CraftyGirl said...

Your Owl is so cute and I just love the way you used leaf punches to make the flower. Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon.

TTFN,

CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Jo - love the autumn colours of your leaves and your owl is so sweet! Thanks for sharing this lovely card at The Crafty Pad this week in our "Autumn Colours" challenge.
Helen x (DT)

Jen said...

Super owl and lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.
Jen x

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card,love those colours. Thank you so much for joining in at Willow Sketchie this week.

Kelly x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Jo, Oh this is lovely, what a great card,. I hope your daughter had a lovely birthday. Thanks for playing on Willow Sketchie this week, good luck with the draw, Hazelxo

Wanda Cullen said...

What a sweet card for your daughter! I also love your spectacular banner - what an incredible scenic view! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar! P.S. On tomorrow's RTB post, I posted a photo on my blog of some local scenery in the Shenandoah Valley where I live. :-)

Dawn said...

!Thanks so much for playing at The Crafty Pad in our Autumn Colours Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Love crafts forever said...

Aww how cute he is. Thank you so much for playing with us at One Stitch At The Time.
Hugs Nataliya

CG said...

Wow, I really like this! The layout is great, and I really like the paper and the match leaf-flower. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week, hope you'll join us again soon. Best, CG

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

You have made a lovely card which fits our challenge well. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and best of luck. We hope to see you back again very soon. Best wishes, Kym, Crafty Ann's Design Team xxx

~*Joni said...

Thank you so much for joining in on our I Believe I can Fly challenge over at Raise The Bar!
~*Joni RTB DT

Ann Whitfield said...

Beautiful card Jo, thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x