Followers

Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Colours of Autumn

I love the colours of autumn, so rich and beautiful.  My card today is inspired by these colours:


I used clarity card and embossed Spellbinders labels 28.
I masked the shape and brayered over the card using Big and Juicy Spice ink pad.
I stamped the Pilkington Lane stamp inside the shape using Memento ink and coloured the image using my Spectrum Noirs.
I matted the card onto gold linen card.
I used matching orange card and again matted this onto gold linen card.
I created the card blank using some gorgeous pearlescent green card I bought from PaperMill (I love this card and sadly it is now nearly all gone!)
I cut the decorative corners using a Spellbinders Fleur de Lis die.
The sentiment is computer generated, cut using Spellbinders Labels 28 die.

I purchased a splodgeaway mat a few weeks ago as I found brayering difficult and also I hated the amount of ink it wasted.  I am delighted with my purchase.  I find I get better results, both with brayering and using my blending tool around the edges, it is very easy to clean, and you don't have to waste any ink.  I got the 12 x 12 size and this was definitely one of my 'better' purchases.  An excellent invention!

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Colour Creative Classroom - Autumn/Fall Colours


Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Paper Pretties Wednesday Challenge - Autumn/Fall Colours

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Autumn Colours

Thank you for visiting my blog today.




6 comments:

Carol said...

This is beautiful Jo, I love the colours. Carol x

Rosietoes said...

I just love the autumn Jo and this card is perfect for the season. I love the warm colours. :)
I'm interested to read about your splodge mat. Will definitely put that on the wish list.

Edna x

Sarn said...

Lovely autumnal card Jo. Pleased to hear you're happy with your splodgeaway . . . I'm getting one for Christmas! xxx

Suzanne said...

great autumn card thank you for joining us at cmc this week

Kim x said...

Fabulous card Jo, I think I will definitely have to invest in a Splodgemat it sounds brilliant.
Thanks for stopping by.
hugs Kimx

xxxtglxxx said...

Beautiful seasonal card Jo - love the image and warm colours! :)

hugs

xxalisonxx