Followers

Monday, 10 September 2012

Buttons and Pins

This is the first card I have made using the Shabby Chic Haberdashery cd-rom form Debbi Moore.  I had such fun making this card:


I distressed all around the edges of the backing paper with my distressing tool and then matted it onto gold linen card.
I cut out the dress bodice and then cut a circle from a co-ordinating paper and folded it to make the skirt.  Again I distressed the edges of the skirt.
I stamped the sewing machine from Joanna Sheen's haberdashery stamp set, and the buttons and thimble image from Debbi Moores stamp set, onto shrink plastic and attached the twine before shrinking them.  I then threaded the twine through a button, which was attached to a picot edged circle, along with a couple of pins.
A few buttons were added to the card for extra dimension.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:


One Stop Craft Challenge - No floral embellishments

Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Cupcake Craft Challenges - In Stitches

Bunny Zoe Crafts - Distressing


23 comments:

loz said...

Your card and colouring is so Beautiful..Popping by from MIM for a Visit..Loz

Faye said...

Hello. Your card is Sooo Beautiful. I saw this on MIM..Faye

Rosietoes said...

You've done a great job Jo. I'm all at sixes and sevens with haberdashery! :)

Edna x

Mervi said...

Hi,
fabulous collage, lovely items!
Thanks for sharing with us at Craft-Room Challenge.
Wish you good luck for the draw;-))m

Jan said...

Another gorgeous card Jo xx Jan

lalkygirl said...

what a fab vintage project ...love the ballgown you have created and all your embellies are wonderful
thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
tracey x

Kim said...

looks great Jo, love all the details!
Kim x

cotnob said...

This is fab Jo, I love all of the details especially your great pleated skirt and shrink plastic sewing machine.
Pauline
x

Anonymous said...

A fabulous creation, love all the great embellies...thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
Helen x

Sue said...

WOW! This is fabulous. I love the design and the detailing is wonderful

Sue

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous, love the vintage style and love sewing cards.

Sonia said...

Gorgeous card dear friend:) Adore every single detail on it:)
Big hug,
Sonia

Liza said...

Lovely work, just perfect for our theme this week. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Your "sewing" collage is divine...I love all the different elements particularly the "pleated skirt"....Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room this fortnight. Suzanne :)

Maria said...

This is fabulous, I love the elements you've used, and the background is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with our Collage theme over at the Craft-Room Challenge.

Maria x

Elizabeth Hart said...

I just loved looking at all the great details and images on this fabulous vintage card. And, I saw this great card at MIM.

Wendy said...

Gorgeous, fabulous details...Saw your card on MIM.
Wendy xx

hazel said...

I love all the details on your sewing collage, it's fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
xxx Hazel.

Anonymous said...

Love, Love your card! Saw it on Make It Monday. Wow, amazing. I am a home economics teacher and appreciate your embellishments related to sewing. Kim

Debi said...

Beautiful! so subtle in colour yet full of detail, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

Nikki Byrne said...

Such a STUNNING piece :o) Fabulous collage, perfect for our challenge at craft room this fortnight, thank you for sharing :o) HUgs

NIKKI DT

Delphine said...

Fantastic card! Great layout and I love all the buttons! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Safdar Ali said...

What a gorgeous card. So cute design. This must be so easy for you to design for the Plastic card company if you want to join. I really appreciate your work.