Good Evening
The current challenge over at Teddy Bo and Co is to use your birthstone. My birthday is in February, therefore my birthstone is Amethyst which could perhaps explain my liking of purples. I have been busy making calendars, and I have made this one to tie-in with the challenge:
Teddy Bea is coloured with Coloursoft pencils, blended using baby oil. The mat she is sat on is cut using a Spellbinders die, matted onto core'dinations cardstock which I have distressed with a sanding block. Distress Inks in Milled Lavender and Dusty Concorde are used round the edge of the image to take away the starkness.
The gorgeous papers are printed from one of the SWALK cd-roms (sorry I can't remember which one), I printed them onto Crafters Companion satin paper, as recommended by my lovely blogging friend Edna, you get such fantastic results with this paper.
The calendar tab is sat on a mat cut with a Mariannes die from core'dinations card, again I distressed this with a sanding block. The flourishes are also a Marianne die from silver mirror card. The flowers are Nellie Snellen punches, with a co-ordinating pearl in the centre.
I would like to also enter my calendar in the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes plus distressing
Shopping Our Stash - Revisit an old challenge - November, use a digi
Thanks for having a look.
Jo xx

12 comments:
Little Bea is just perfect on your calendar, what a lovely make,
Liz x
Your little calendar looks absoloute fantastic! Gorgeous colouring and the colours are so beautiful together
Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo this time and good luck
hugs, jill
I admire anyone who can make a calendar! I haven't the patience!
Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!
What a pretty calendar.Really lovely colours and love the flowers and swirls.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x
awww Bea is sure sitting pretty - love those DPs
hugs
Debbie xx
So sweet......
greetings, Alie :-)
Gorgeous calendar Jo, must use some of my Teddy's! Carol x
Thank you for playing wiyh us at Teddy Bo Challenge with your super-cute calendar!
Fingers crossed
Hugs Helle
What a beautiful calendar. We share the same birth month and I too love purple. Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo and don't forget to come back on Tuesday to see our winners and our new challenge. Its Teddy Bo's birthday so lots of things going on that you won't want to miss
Hugs
H xx
Hi Jo, this is gorgeous!
Hugs Lynsey x
Wow this is stunning. Such a sweet image and love all the detail
Diane xx
Really beautiful in purple and she is an awesome image for the brick wall! Thanks for joining us at the tower and don't forget to join us on the 1st Birthday challenge that starts tomorrow too!
Hugs
Tammy Louise
Post a Comment