Followers

Saturday, 28 January 2012

Happy Birthday Grandma

Good Morning

A big warm welcome to my new followers.  I appreciate your interest in my crafting. :0)

My card for today is one I have made for my daughters to send to my mum.  She loves Lily Of The Valley so I wanted to include this on the card.


There is a new challenge over on the Joanna Sheen forum which this month is to use tea-bag folding.  I printed some tea-bags papers from a Crafters Companion cd-rom and followed the instructions for the fold. I added a little flower brad to the centre. I die-cut a Marianne doily from silver mirror card and green core'dinations and attached the tea-bag papers to this.  I printed the image of the fairy with the LOTV twice, so I could decoupage her a little.  I used glossy accents on flowers she is holding.  A tag cut with a spellbinders die and a peel-off added complete the card.

My card is for the following challenges:

Joanna Sheen forum challenge - Tea-bag folding

Senitmental Sundays - Die-cuts plus a sentiment

Papertake Weekly - Highlight part of the image

Moving Along With The Times - Blooming Marvellous

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a lovely Saturday.

Jo x

9 comments:

Carol said...

Your Mum will love this Jo, it's beautiful. Great job with the teabag folding too. Carol x

Rosietoes said...

What a delightful card Jo. I'm sure your Mum will be tickled pink to receive it.
Your teabag folding is excellent.

Edna x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Jo, Ah this is lovely, I adore Lily of the Valley so have fallen in love with this one, thanks for playing along on MAWTT with our Blooming Marvelous Challenge this week, Love Hazelxox

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Jo and very special. I'm sure your Mum is going yo love this.
xx

cotnob said...

Your mum will love this Jo, I love the way you have mounted the tea bag folding onto the die-cut doily shapes. I'm glad someone else likes to do a little decoupage.
I hope you are having a great weekend.
Pauline
x

Jan said...

Fab cards Jo hugs xx Jan

Lisa Jane said...

This is so pretty
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT for our Blooming Marvellous challenge
Lisa x

Chris said...

Hi Jo, this is an adorable card. I would love it if my grandson sent this to me. I also love Lily of the Valley. Great job. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely card and great teabag folding. Never tried that myself but it looks fab.