Followers

Sunday, 15 January 2012

Happy Bea-irthday Megan

Good Morning

Today is my niece's birthday and I wanted to make her more of a keepsake than a card this year.  With the help of Teddy Bea here is what I made:


I'm sorry about the quality of the photos, the light is very poor here this morning.

Using my new MCS cd-rom, I imported the lettering from a Crafters Companion cd.  I then selected the images I wanted to use and cut round them all using the new scissors tool. I then re-sized the letters and images to suit and added an image to each letter. I printed them all out on Neenah cardstock and then coloured all the images using coloursoft pencils, blended, as usual, with baby oil.


I added a small dimensional butterfly to the letter M.




I added ultra fine glitter to the moon on this image, but I didn't spread the glue evenly as I wanted to try and create the surface of the moon. 


This is one of the first digi stamps I purchased and still one of my favourites.  I added a balloon embellishment from my stash to this one, threaded through her hand to secure in place.



I added eyelets to each of the letters for extra strength, and then attached them to each other using bakers twine.

My creation is for the following challenges:

Teddy Bo Challenge - Anything Goes

Flutterby Wednesdays - Bright Colours

My Mum's Craft Shop - Here Come The Girls

Moving Along With The Times - Spots and/or stripes (All the letters are spotty)

Chocolate, Coffee and Cards - Add Glitter

Alphabet Challenge Blog - Y for You Can Choose

ABC Challenge - Happy Birthday

I'm sorry for the long post today, I hope you stuck with me!  Enjoy your Sunday.

Jo x

31 comments:

Maritha said...

SOOOO SWEET!! Loved it!! Cleaver idé!! =)

Thanks for joining us at TeddyBo!
Hugs Maritha

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Oh Wow - fabealous idea - am sure she loves it
Hugs
Debbie xx

Colette said...

Wow! what a brilliant idea, beautifully executed, I'm sure Megan will love it, I know my Megan would.
Colette xx

Anonymous said...

OMW Jo, this is so fabulous!! So clever! I love it! xx

Unknown said...

That's such a cute creation!

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

Jo, this is just adorable! Great way to show off the beautiful Bea's! Thanks for joining us at the Teddy Bo Tower for our Birthday Celebration! Hugs
Tammy Louise

Tammy said...

Oh this creation is adorable Jo!! Awesome idea! I bet your niece loves it!
Hugs, Tammy

Claire said...

WOW Jo absolutely love this and even more so as my Daughter's name is Megan. Amazing work. Hugs, Claire x

cotnob said...

This is gorgeous Jo, what a great idea, your niece will love it.
Pauline
x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow this is a fantastic project. Love all the beautiful detail
Diane xx

Clairebears said...

Oh wow wow wow! What a brilliant idea :0) And all those beautifully coloured Bea's! It must have taken ages to make. I'm sure she will love it :0)
Thank you for sharing it with us at Teddy Bo's challenge.
Love Clairebears x

Shelby said...

Beautifully creative work! Your niece will just love it. Thanks for joining us at MMCS

Shelby

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just super love this to bits,great idea too hugs cherylxxxxx

Diane's Card Designs said...

Hi Jo...me again!
Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge this week.
Diane xx

Rosietoes said...

Wonderful project Jo. I love the whole idea of it and I'm sure Megan will adore it - so many gorgeous Bea's to choose from!

Edna x

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Jo! Those letters are just gorgeous! and what a fab idea to put the Bea images on each one. Beautiful gift and keepsake!
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!!
Hugs Sue xx

Mary J said...

How cool is this? I love it Jo, I know she will love it!

Nicolchen said...

WOW ... your creation is totally sweet :0)))

Thanks for playing with us at the Teddy Bo Challenge ;0)

Hugs Nicole

cebelica said...

So cute! Thanks for playing with us at MMCS this week! Hugs!

Liz McGuire, said...

Aww, this is so sweet, she will love it,

Liz x

Mandy said...

Jo this is beautiful,I bet your Niece loved it,and all the Teddy Bo images are so sweet...Great idea....
Mandy x

wifeycookie said...

What a sweet project! Great job!
Thank you for joining us at CCCC this fortnight. See you again next challenge.

Cheers,
Jenny (CCCC-DT)
http://cookieadventures.blogspot.com/

DesignerDiva said...

Many thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week with our Spots and Stripes and good luck with the challenge. I'm sorry I'm not too well and this comment has been copied and pasted, but I wanted to make sure I visited every blog that entered.
I some blogaversary candies on offer on my blog if your interested.
Hugs Laurie x
This is so clever Jo -thanks again for joining in

Nela said...

Brilliant idea!
Supercute!
Thanks for playing with us at the Teddy Bo challenge
Nela xx

Pami said...

Wow this is just gorgeous Jo. Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Tiny Paper Blossom said...

Adorable! My niece's name is Megan too and her favorite color is that light blue you used! What a super gift! Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

the hitchings family usa blog said...

love this it is great must have taken ages well done xx

Kirsty said...

Hi super idea I am sure your niece will treasure it forever and all her friends will be wanting one too ! Love all the images and embellishments! Such a perfect balance with the letters ! Thankyou for joining us at the Teddybo Challenge :D

Shanna Shands said...

Great creation. Thanks for playing along with ABC.

Hazel said...

Megan is a very lucky girl. I hope she liked it. Hugs
H xx Teddy Bo DT

Unknown said...

funny and clever!!!! thanks for playing with us at ABC Challenge
hugs