Good Afternoon
My card for today is a birthday card for my mum, it's her birthday in February:
I love this image, the colours are so vibrant. The image is from the new Heart of the Garden cd-rom from Joanna Sheen, it really is a stunning cd. I printed the image onto photo paper and decoupaged the image. The backing paper is also from the cd, printed onto pearlescent paper, the wording says 'Wishing You A Wonderful Day'. I embossed some co-ordinating green card with my newest embossing folder and then added some gems for extra sparkle. This was then matted onto linen silver cardstock.
I'm really pleased with how this card has turned out. You can't really tell from the photo, but the decoupage looks fantastic.
My card is for the following challenges:
Colour Create Challenge - Pink and Green
ABC Challenge - H for Happy Birthday
Crafty Ann's Challenge - Use new stash (cd and embossing folder)
And now for my diet! It's a stash diet, it's getting silly the amount of unused craft items I have. I've so many lovely stamps that have yet to meet an ink pad!!! And I've got some fabulous cd's that have not been used or hardly used. So no more craft buying for me for a while. The only things I'm allowing myself are essentials such as glue! I would really like a Grand Calibur and think I could put one to very good use, so I'm going to start saving up for one!!!
Thanks for visiting my blog today.
Jo x

8 comments:
Gorgeous image Jo! The colours are so beautiful. xx
I've been on a stash diet for ages but I finally allowed myself to buy some stuff this week. I had to sell my Cricut to do it though!
xx
What a gorgeous image Jo, don't think I've even seen this CD! You've made a fabulous card.
I found so much unused stuff when my room was being done out - so I've been trying to use some of it up. (All the hoarded papers are being used on scrap books then I get to keep them lol). Carol x
I love your gorgeous card Jo! I have also made a new year resolution to cut back on purchasing new craft supplies as I have so much to use that has never been out of its packaging!! Thanks for playing along with Colour Create this fortnight!
Your card is so pretty. Love the birds. I just ordered a couple of CD's from JS. A craft diet is an excellent idea, so much stuff unused. And I have a Grand Calibur and I love it, best thing I ever spent money on!! I had the original Wizard and hated it, you had to wrestle with it just to cut a die, but the Calibur sits on the table...love it. Save your money, it's worth it.
Hugs
Sue
This is really luscious Jo - the decoupage is easier to see when you enlarge the photo. It's so well worth using photo paper for something like this, the result is superb. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x
Beautiful card Jo, fab image and love the embossed panel with the gems.
I know what you mean about unused stash, I keep saying 'no more' and then it turns into 'well just this one', I hope you're more determined than me.
Pauline
x
I love this Cd and your image is lovely. i like the gems on the embossed card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's this week.
Jen x
Hey jo. Great job. I love the papers you used. Thanks for playing along with ABC and Colour Create.
Post a Comment