Good Evening
It's a new challenge over at Teddy Bo today. This time we are asked to make a Shaped Card. This gave me the perfect excuse to buy one of Gayle's gorgeous images that I had on my wish list 'Strawberry Picking'.
This adorable Teddy Bea was coloured with pencils. I can't draw for toffee, so found a free strawberry image which I downloaded and then printed onto red paper. The stalk was printed again onto green paper. I then cut out a strawberry shaped card and added the various layers. Teddy Bea was attached with glue gel.
Then came the challenge! How would I make the card stand up? After many failed attempts at creating a stand that would still allow the card to fold flat, I eventually came up with one that did the job.
I couldn't help smiling as I was cutting out the strawberry. It reminded my of a time we took the girls strawberry picking on the Isle of Anglesey when Emma was about 3. We told her she wasn't allowed to eat any of the strawberries until they were paid for. Well these strawberries smelled so delicious and were the size of apples, so of course they got the better of her. By the time we went to pay, all over her face and all down the front of her t-shirt were pink! The woman on the till couldn't help but laugh!!!!
I would also like to enter my card in the Pollycraft Monday Challenge Be My Teddy Bear.

10 comments:
Clever you Jo. That's wonderful! love your story about the strawberry picking - fond memories indeed.
Thank you for joining us at Teddybo this week.
Edna x :)
Jo this is sooooo cute! I love the strawberry is perfect :0) Teddy Bea looks right at home in front off it.
I love the story too, we tried to grow them last year but all we ended up with was big fat slugs instead!!
Thanks for playing along at Teddy Bo's challenge and good luck.
Love Clairebears x
Really 'sweet' card, love it,
Liz x
Adorable card!! Love the big strawberry and good idea to already print it on red ~ no worrying about coloring!!
Strawberry picking was always one of our favorite first of summer activities!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Teddy Bo!
:)Kathy
Oh Jo, your card is adorable....loving the big strawberry :o)
HUgs Tab xxx
Fab card, loving the strawberry, thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo this week. Good luck!
Colette xx
This is a clever card Jo. I really like it - makes we want to reach for the strawberries and cream of course! lol
This is fabulous Jo, what a great idea. Carol x
Hi Jo, Gorgeous card! What a FAB shape ... perfect for this sweet Bea image.
Lisa x
Teddy Bo DT
Fab card! The shape is just perfect for the sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo x
Post a Comment