Good Evening
Must start my post by congratulating Manchester City on winning the FA cup. There's been great excitement in our house, even Murphy joined in!
Thank you to everyone who visited my blog and commented on my last LIM card. Unfortunately a lot of comments were lost due to the problems with blogger this week.
This is my entry for this weeks Less Is More challenge.
I used dark blue cardstock which I dry embossed using the Majestic embossing board. I then stamped the dandelion clocks from the Inkylicious Meadowbreeze set of stamps. I stamped using versamark and then heat embossed using fine detail silver embossing powder.
The sentiment was also stamped in versamark and heat embossed using the same embossing powder.
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm off to have a look at the other entries.
Jo x



49 comments:
Great card Jo. Metallics always look super embossed onto dark card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"
Very effective Jo. xx
Stunning card love it. XOXO Zoe
This is very dramatic - I love silver on dark - looks fab!!
Lovely card :0) Love the frame in a frame cool idea.
Kate x
Dandelions look great embossed! Great card!
A super card. Embossed image looks great. x
Nice card, dark color - great !
Carol
very elegant... love all the embossing you did!
Very elegant. I love that image.
Great card Jo.
Well done Man City xx Jan
Wow, stunning card, Jo! Love that embossing!
Fab card, great embossing and love the image!
Helen x
Aww your doggie looks super!
Lovely card, great gold on the dark card stock
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More"
Great job - even if your helpoer did fall asleep half way through!!!
Kathyk
Murphy looks over the moon - not - LOL!
Gorgeous and elegant card
Anne
x
Fabulous card Jo, very effective.
I have a black Cocker Spaniel called Murphy, I also have another one called Josh.
xxx Hazel.
Ooooohhh, like this one a lot!! very striking with the black card blank!
kelly x
A stunning card
I love this card - the dandelion is striking against the dark background. Hazel x
What a fab colour combo, the dark blue and silver are stunning together, great card!
This card is very effective. Lovely!
Stacex
Hi Jo, love your card, the contrast with the gold embossing on dark card stock is so elegant and I love dandelions:0) xxx
Sorry! I thought it was gold, I'm a drip:{ xx
Super card Jo - the silver embossing is very striking on the dark background, lovely! Sarah x
Embossing looks stunning on dark card and you have certainly made your card pop. Beautiful creation. Hugs Rita xx
hehe cute dog and gorgeous card,
Liz x
Lovely card. I like the silver an the blue card, very effective.
This card is really nice. I love the dark blue.
Great card. I used dark card too it looks so effective embossed I think.
Lynne xxx
Wow, this is really striking. Silver on navy is a great look, xx
The silver embossing looks fabulous on the dark card stock. Congratulations on the FA cup win! Have you stopped celebrating yet?!! Vx
Stunning card Jo.
Yesterday my husband and boys went to Wembley to watch Man City and came back waving flags lol.
Diane :-) xx
Wonderful card, Jo! I love the metallic on the dark card!
Stunning card Jo.
Edna x
Love your card its very effective, Thank you for leaving a comment on my LIM... Chris xx
Lovely card, stunning. Many thanks for your comments
Beryl x
Looks fab Jo, love the gold on blue and the frame is brilliant :)
Jenny x
Very nice Jo, love the combined dry and heat embossing, it looks very effective on that dark cardstock. Poor Murphy!! Still, looks like he;s used to it!! Thanks for popping by already.
Hugs
Brenda
Fabulous card love the dark card & the embossing looks awesome.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx
Great card - love how you have done both dry and heat embossing in one!
A very elegant card Jo. Sue.x
Incredible. despite the gravity of the color is light in its composition. I really like
Wonderful card!! Love the silver embossing on the dark blue...the addition of the dry embossing is so nice....great card:)!!
Metallic on dark is always a good option! The dry embossing looks gorgeous!
Lovely frame and the image stamp is fab, looks very effective.
Thanks for your comments.
Kath x
Love your stamp. The silver onto the dark blue is gorgeous. x
Great card Jo, love the effect on the dark card.
Avril x
Great embossing on such a detailed stamp. Love it. Your Hobby Art stamps scene is wonderful too.Lynn x
Post a Comment