Followers

Sunday, 22 May 2011

House-mouse Sunflowers

Good Evening

The sun is trying it's best to make an appearance, so fingers crossed for tomorrow. To bring a smile on a gloomy day, I have spent the afternoon cutting out and assembling this card.


Isn't this just the cutest?

This is a decoupage sheet, available from Joanna Sheen, and the quality of these papers is fabulous, they really are a joy to work with.

The base card is a white hammered cardstock from PaperMill. I layered onto this some orange card, and then onto that some sunflower backing paper, printed from the Pamela West cd-rom (again from Joanna Sheen), together with some yellow card that I had embossed with a floral embossing folder. The flowers were made from the sunflower backing paper, and I added a little brown flowersoft to the centres.

I decided not to put a sentiment on the front of this card as I feel it is appropriate for a number of different occasions.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Housemouse and friends challenge Flowers

Paper Sundaes Challenge Pop It Up

Papertake Weekly Challenge Bloom and Grow

Whoopsi Daisy Challenge A Card Suitable for a Birthday.

Thanks for visiting :o)

Jo x

16 comments:

CraftyC said...

Cute card Jo, love the scene
Clairexx

Christine said...

Stunning HM creation Jo..love all the flowers embossing is lovely fab decoupage..great take on the chall..thanks for sharing with us at HM & Friends Monday chall..hope you can come back tomorrow for a new chall.

smiles Christine xx

Lynsey said...

Hi Jo, this is such a fun card! Love the smiley faces on the flowers, really made me smile!
Hugs Lynsey x

Sue said...

This is just adorable. Love how he is painting the faces on the sunflowers!! Great colors and papers too. Thanks for joining us at the House Mouse and friends Monday Challenge.

Hugs
Sue

Sue from Oregon said...

A fun and summery creation for sure! Lovin those decoupage sheets! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge! ♥ Sue Kment

Jan said...

Gorgeous card Jo those meeces are great! xx Jan

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Jo :-) I am sure this took ages to make but well worth all the effort , this is beautiful :-)

Thanks for joining us on the HM&F Monday and PTW Challenges :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Karina said...

Your card looks amazing, Jo. I love the colours you used. It looks so fresh and springlike. Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.
Hugs, Karina

Chris Arlington said...

ADORABLE ! Well done.

* Üla * said...

This is a beautiful card, Jo. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly Challenge.
hugs Ula

Heather said...

This is fabulous Jo, such an adorable, fun image and I love the little smiley faces being painted on the sunflowers!!

So glad you could join us at House Mouse & Friends,
love
Heather xx

Anne said...

Those smiley sunflowers are making me smil on a wet and grey morning, lovely happy card. Hope you're well Jo
Hugs
Anne

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Really cute card, love how the flowers pop out! Thanks so much for joining our birthday challenge at WHOOPSI DAISY this time:)

Daisychain said...

What a gorgeous card, the cutting must have taken you ages to do. Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy. Hugs Christine x

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

Fabulous card! Love the 3d effect. Thanks for joining us at WhoopsiDaisy this week. Hugs...Mona

Shana said...

Absolutely beautiful job "popping it up!" Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again soon!