Followers

Monday, 2 May 2011

Less Is More -

Good Morning

My card for today is my entry into this weeks Less is More Challenge which this week is to make a Thank You or Congratulations card.

For my card I have used the Meadow Breeze stamp set from Inkylicious.


I used hammered white cardstock for the base card (my current favourite!!). I brayered some silk art card with Hydrangea Big And Juicy Ink then stamped the images with versamark ink and heat embossed with white fine detail embossing powder. I then stamped some more images using black ink.

The words 'thank you' use silver peel-offs. I have phases of using peel offs, and I particularly like the font on these. Unfortunately, I can't print directly to card as my printer won't take card stock.

I couldn't help thinking I should add something to all that white space, but I suppose that would take away from it being a clean and simple card so I sat on my hands!

Thanks for having a look. Do pop over to the Less Is More blog, it's a very friendly place to visit and you'll see lots of fabulous creations.

Have a lovely Bank Holiday.

Jo x

39 comments:

Sandra said...

Lovely card - love the colours. Sandra

Anne said...

Yes, definitely sit on your hands Jo, this is just totally stunning and perfect as it is. I am green with envy at your blue background, it is lovely and so is this card
Anne
x

Rita said...

Jo, your card is Stunning, and that background is beautiful. Hugs Rita xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

A beautiful card...just love how you have created your image

Anne

Jose said...

Excellent card, no need for any more so keep sitting on your hands until you are ready to make another card :)
Jose

G Peplow said...

I'm so glad you sat on your hands, such a lovely card. The layering and embossing work very well and I love all the colours that you chose:0) xxx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Looks like we all agree that we are glad you sat on your hands. Beautiful card with amazing stamping and co ours well done.

Marie

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

A gorgeous CAS card Jo, I love all your inking and embossing. Sarah x

Kathyk said...

Gorgeous - I wouldn't change a thing

Kathyk

Rosemary said...

beautiful card, jo! the stamp piece is just so striking!

Linby said...

What a lovely CAS card-well done on sitting on your hands!
Linbyx

Mandi said...

Fabulous card
i have this stamp set but haven't used it yet.,....shame on me!
Continued thanks
mandi
Diva LIM
Less is More

Dotty Jo said...

Hi Jo, great card!!! I tend to collect crafting Jo's (being one myself) so I thought I'd drop by for a nose around!! Glad I did, and I've signed up as a follower, Jo x

Carol said...

Absolutely perfect Jo, love the background colours. Know what you mean about sitting on your hands though but it's good to do it sometimes. Carol x

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh it definitely doesn't need anything else - that focal panel took my breath away! Such a dramatic image - love the black and white embossed stamping against the beautiful blue.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and very elegant too.
hugs June x

Chrissie said...

I'm really glad you sat on your hands Jo!
This card is just fab as it is. The colour if that Big and Juicy pad is luscious and the images are stunning!
Super card!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Jo, so elegant :)
Hugs
Tracey
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love how you have stamped the trees and used a lovely colour combination, great card.

I have loads of hammered card that used to be able to go through my old Canon printer, seems I have just been reminded that I can use it, probably not as good as this though :)

Jan said...

Love this Jo, those stamps are gorgeous xx Jan

Suze Bain said...

A beautiful card, the stamped panel is fab. x

Flowergirl said...

Gorgeous card, perfect as it is, love the way you have created the image x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Beautiful elegant card Jo. Love the inking and embossing it gives a a 3D effect.
Diane :-) xx

Aileen said...

Love the trees. x

Sally said...

A super card & I love the embossing & colour.
Sally x

Susan said...

I love the embossed white with the black...very cool! I often find myself "sitting" on my hands too...until the urge to add just one more thing...passes! LOL!

Mary J said...

Wow, so beautiful!

Ruth said...

Great dramatic contrast, Ruth x

Irene said...

A beautiful card with a stunning image. I love how you havwe created the image. So soft and gentle.
Thank you so much for your comment on my blog.
irene
xxxx

Unknown said...

Hi Jo, I think your card is just perfect as it is - but then I'd be sitting on my hands trying to avoid the impulse to keep adding things as well! Thanks for your comments on my blog, its appreciated. Sarah

Jenny said...

I love the scene you've created it reminds me of trees in a forest. Great card and well done for resisting the urge with the white space:)
Jenny x

Erika said...

Great card love the colour scheme. Less is definitely more. x

Kathleen said...

Great card, love these 2 tone stamp cards and the background colour is fab.

Kath x

Suzi B said...

Lovelt atmospheric card. Know what you mean about sitting on your hands:)) hard tho!

cardsandacuppa said...

What a srtiking panel on your card, it really doesn't need anything more, although I am the same, just keep n adding ;-) he he!
Lovey card, Hugs xx

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Jo

What a lovely card love that effect.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

Tina
X

Rachelxx said...

Love the way you have created the image Jo - so effective :-)

Maureen said...

Lovely card, well done.
Maureen......x

Ciara said...

Don't be scared of the white space Jo, it's good!