Good Morning
Today's card is the second birthday card for my Dad. His birthday is at the end of the month.
I am entering this card into The CD Sunday Challenge Wild Thing
My card is made using the Jayne Netley Mayhew cd-roms from Joanna Sheen.
I printed off the image for the front of the card twice, so I could decoupage the baby elephants. They were matted onto some matt gold cardstock, then orange cardstock, and then onto some pale green cardstock of which I had punched around the edges using a Martha Stewart punch. The Happy Birthday was created using my alphabet stamps from Dimension Fourth. The H and B are cut out of a silvery-grey paper to tie-in with the elephant theme, and then the rest of the words were stamped using Big & Juicy Spice Ink pad.
For the middle of the card I printed out part of the shaped cards section from the cd-rom.
I glued the print-outs to card for extra stability and then cut everything out. I embossed the edges of some matt gold card using my Keepsake Borderfold embossing board, and then attached the shaped elephants to this. The elephants separate and there is a panel behind them for writing a message.
I hope you like this card. Thanks for your visit today.
Jo x


10 comments:
Jo your dad will love this card, your decoupaging is a great idea. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT
Hi Jo, this is a fab card, I am sure your Dad will love it.
Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week. Hope we see you again.
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT
A lovely card Jo with a lot of work. I have used that image and the shaped card so I know how beautiful they are. You have also reminded me that I have those Alphabet Stamps - I must fish them out.
Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
Hugs
Carol
xx
What a gorgous card so delicate, your Dad will love it xx Jan
Hi Jo, thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog today. Your card is wonderful, I bet your Dad will love it!
Hugs Lynsey x
Oh wow your card is fabulous Jo, your father will love it. Have a great week, Annette x
Great card Jo. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday. x
A Brilliantly thought out card, love the elephants
Hi Jo, A fabulous card and I know your dad will love it.
Thank you for joining in the CD Sunday challenge this week.
Beryl (GD) xx
Great card, sure Dad will love it, thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Post a Comment