Good Afternoon
This is my card for this weeks' challenge over at Less Is More, and the theme for this week is Masculine.
It's my dads birthday at the end of the month, so I make him 2 cards, one from me and hubby and one to grandad from the girls. I'd already decided that for one of them I was going to use the Toffee Shop stamp from the Pilkington Lane range, and this challenge gave me a kick start.
I'm adding a second photo which I have taken this morning, hopefully it will show the detail a bit better.
You wouldn't think so to look at it, but it has taken me most of the afternoon to get it finished! I started off with a sheet of black linen card, and die cut each of the corners using my new spellbinders Fleur De Lis dies. I love this set, in fact I love it so much I've now ordered the accompanying set! I then stamped directly onto the card using a white ink, and then embossed the image using a detail clear embossing powder. There is such a lot of detail in these stamps and this is the first time I have used them without watercouring the images.
The black linen card was then matted onto some white card, and then another layer of black linen card, and then finally onto the base card which was made from white linen card, I hope I haven't exceeded the number of layers allowed?
I'm really pleased with how this has turned out, and I think Dad will love it too. Now I just need to decide on his other card.
Last week I visited the blogs of over 150 other entrants to the challenge. I tried to leave a comment on every blog I visited, but sometimes I couldn't, I got a message 'you are not authorised to comment'. So it's not that I didn't want to comment on all your cards, I just wasn't able to do so.
Thank you to everyone who has visited my blog and left me comments, we all love to receive comments don't we. I'm now off to have a look at some of the other entries.


41 comments:
Great card! The black linen card works really well for a masculine look.
And wow, that's dedication with visiting 150 other bloggers! I didn't manage that many but do try my best to see as many as I can.
Hi Jo,
I don't think that there are any hard and fast rules about the number of layers allowed, it's the overall clean lines and use of space which is important.
The image is a little indistinct in the photograph, particularly on the right hand side, I don't know if this is due to the image itself or the light and how the picture was taken. If it's the image itself maybe using a white embossing powder instead of the clear would have made it a little more vibrant.
Great design however.
Thanks for joining us again!
Chrissie
"Less is More"
I think it must be the poor light, because the image is very clear 'in real life'. I'll try and get a better photo tomorrow. Jo x
Fantastic card, love the die cut outs and the image is gorgeous!
Happy Crafting, Debxx
Your Dad will love this Jo, it's gorgous xx Jan
Fabulous card! Love it
Ali x
Lovely image, and the fleur di lis edges look fab.
Great image a love your corners.
Anne
Hi Jo
The layers are fine, is still clean & simple
great card,sure your Dad will be chuffed
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"
Super idea to use the black linene card
Kathyk
Hi Jo, beautiful work, good work for the birthday of your father.Good job.
A hug from Palma de Mallorca
lovely card- and wow what dedication getting round to 150 other cards, I try and comment on all the people I follow and then look and pick out cards that catch my eye - and then comment on those - yours caught my eye - thanks for sharing x
Hello Jo honey! What a great card - perfect for a guy! You must have the patience of an angel - 150 blog visits!!! I am sure each and every one of them (that you were able to leave a comment on!) appreciated them!!
I see you make cards for charity - if you need any stocks, just let me know on my blog and I will post you some!
Oops - me again! My blog is...
www.maryjdesigns.blogspot.com
that black linnen is very cool and the new spellbinders dies are yummy.
I bet your Dad will love this FAB card.
Hugs, Sandra
Super card and what a fabulous detailed stamp (I'm sure it's not an easy image to stamp - well done). x
Great card for a man. Love the black linen card and the corners, I never think about corners, must try them i've got a few corner punches too.
Your dad will enjoy this card!!
Jo, I know your dad will love that you've made him this special card! Definitely a great guy card!
This is a lovely card, like the idea of stamping in white onto a black card. Thanks for your comments
Beryl x
A lovely card for your Dad!!!
Fabulous image and love the fleur di lis corners. Sue.x
This is beautiful, and so elegant, definetly your dad will love it xx
Fabulous card, love the image.
Great card, love that image.
What a lovely card!
What a great man card, I'm sure he'll love it
Anne
x
I love this house image and white on black is always classy. Very impressed at the 150 visits!
Hi Jo
Lovely male card. Like your central image. x
Love this, love the black card too. That's a really detailed image, bet it would great stamped and coloured too, very versatile.
Hugs
Brenda
Lovely image, I am new to the embossing bit, yours is great.
jenjoy x
Nice layout Jan - great male card.
Linbyx
I'm sure your Dad will love his card, love the little punched corner. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.
Sonia xx
I am sure your dad will love it.
Great masculine colors. Well done~!!
Lovely card and something a bit different from the norm x
Great image for a masculine card! Your dad will love it
Love that image, and the corners,they make a gorgeous card
Jose
Tis is beautiful Jo, I love the corner punch and the stamp is beautiful. Thank you for visiting my entry x
Yep! love those corners too, great image.
Wonderful card
Hug Sylvie x
Post a Comment