Good Morning
Today's card is a birthday card for one of my eldest daughter's friends. She asked me to make a 'cream and gold' card. To start with I had a complete mental block!!! After a lot of thought and a good old rummage, I decided to use one of the Bella Panel stamps which are available from Debbi Moore designs. This is one of the first stamp sets I bought, and you get four panels in the set together with some additional accent and word stamps.
I chose the panel with the butterflies so I could tie it in with a cuttlebug embossing folder. I embossed some matt gold card, and then embossed some cream pearlescent card using a swirls embossing folder. The image was stamped onto cream pearlescent card and then heat embossed using a gold detail embossing powder.
I made a double bow using gorgeous cream organza ribbon from my stash and placed little pearls on the end of the 'twirly bits' (that's a technical term!). The label was cut using a spellbinders die and the Happy Birthday is gold peel offs, again from my stash.
I'm going to try and get a couple of challenge cards completed today - we'll see :0)
Jo

5 comments:
Beautiful card xx Jan
It's beautiful;, I'm sure she'll be pleased with it. Hazel x
Ooh Jo this is lovely, very elegant card she'll love it
Anne
x
Lovely card and very well thought- out too Jo.
I see we're in the same place as regards techy terms. I'm with the pointy bits and you favour twirly bits! LOL
I'm sure your daughter's friend loved it.
Edna x
Hi Jo, What a gorgeous card. Love the colours and layout. I have become a follower of your blog. Please feel free to come and visit my blog.
Have a lovely day!
Diane xx
Post a Comment