Followers

Tuesday, 8 March 2011

May Your Christmas Be Merry And Bright

Hello, I hope your day is going well.

I decided in January that I was going to start making my Christmas cards much earlier this year. As a family we send approx. 150 Christmas cards! There is no way everyone is going to receive a handcrafted card, but I do send quite a few. Also I make Christmas cards to sell for my fundraising, so an early start is a sensible idea. So far I'm not doing very well!

Anyway, I also decided I was going to enter some challenges this year. I sometimes struggle getting started with cards, so I find challenges very useful for giving me a starting point.

This card is going to be entered in the following challenge:

Winter Wonderland :Snowflakes

And here it is!


The image is from the Jayne Nestorenko Adorables range, available from Crafters Companion, the sentiment came on the same stamp plate. I stamped her onto Crafters Companions watercolour card, and coloured her using my Lyra's. I wasn't really a big fan of glitter, until I was introduced to sparkling snow glitter which is available from Joanna Sheen. I added this to her hat and coat using pinflair glitter glue and I think it looks really lovely.

I die cut the rectangles onto pearlescent card using a Nellie's die and applied her using glue gel for some dimension. I cut round her hand using a craft knife so I could slot in the present she is carrying. I couldn't resist adding some pinflair snow dust around her feet and onto her shoes.

The backing paper is printed from the Adorables cd-rom onto Centrua pearl paper, and matted onto some silver mirror board. The corners are a Marianne die, cut out of white glitter paper with a few pearls added. The sentiment was heat embossed using silver fine detail embossing powder.

Thanks for sticking with me through this long post and thanks to everyone who leaves a comment.

Jo

11 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Jo :-) the image is lovely and the colours and design are fab :-)

thanks for the lovely commments you left on my blog :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Jan said...

Aw love it Jo it's so pretty xx Jan

Lynsey said...

Hi Jo what a beautiful Christmas card! Lovely snowflakes paper just perfect for our challenge at Winter Wonderland this week. Thanks for joining in.
Hugs Lynsey x

Diane's Card Designs said...

What an adorable image.....LOVE IT! The colours are so fresh.

Diane xx

Jacki Daniels said...

hi Jo Just found you and love your cards so now a follower
Jacki xx

Jan said...

Blog award waiting for you on my blog Jo xx Jan

Liza said...

Such a cute card Jo, I love the blue tones.

Liza x

Rosietoes said...

I love these images Jo though I don't actually own any of the wintery ones.
This is a beautiful card.

Edna x

Miria said...

What a lovely card, Jo. Thank you for joining Winter Wonderland this week, good luck, Miria

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A beautiful card, love the colour and your use of the image is lovely.

Wendy -x-

Sarn said...

Absolutely adorable. A sure fire winner for your fund raising.
Hugs, Sandra