Followers

Monday, 28 March 2011

Less Is More Week 8

Hello

Aren't the weeks flying by quickly? I don't know where the time goes.

My card for today is my entry into this weeks' Less Is More Challenge, this week we have a sketch to follow.


My card uses a DL card blank, to which I have applied some lilac backing paper and a matching ribbon made with a Martha Stewart punch. The jar of flowers is from a Sheena Douglass stamp set, which I coloured using my Lyra's. I then applied glossy accents to the jar, which doesn't show up so well on the photo, but looks good. The sentiment is from another Sheena stamp set. I'm not sure if the sentiment is a little too high? Other than that, I'm pleased with my card.

I'm now off to have a look at some of the other entries.

Jo x

35 comments:

Rita said...

Jo, your card is stunning, the colours and the image go so well to-gether. Hugs Rita xx

Jan said...

Another fab card Jo, xx Jan

Chrissie said...

This is lovely Jo!
As with my feminine card, I think the sentiment might be better nearer to the image... I didn't have room for mine, which is why I feel the balance isn't quite right.
Yours also looks fine where it is, but try stamping your sentiment onto acetate and then trying it in different positions before finally deciding where to stamp it.
Thanks for a great submission.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Michelle said...

Beautiful card xx

Susan said...

Jo, this is such a soft and pretty card...I love the lavender!!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, love it

ali x

Anonymous said...

Lovely sift colours Jo. I really like your blog header photo, where was it taken? I hope that's your view every day as it's so beautiful.

Hugs
Brenda

Squirrel x said...

Love this Jo, the colours are fab and I am drooling over the image, gorgeous. Know what you mean about your sentiment (which looks great by the way), I had no end of trouble deciding where to put mine as there was just soooooo much white space! Hugs Sxx

Beryl K said...

This is lovely, I love the image and the soft colours

kelly said...

Don't you just love martha stewart punches?! they are fab, love your card, especially the stamped image, very pretty and spring-like.

Kelly xx

Seafield Jo said...

Hi Brenda, my header photo is taken from Hosanna House, Bartres. That is where we stay when we go to Lourdes. That is our view across to the Pyrenees. It's so beautiful isn't it? Thank you for asking :o). Jo x

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty and calming colour. Lovely image and card. xx

Curly said...

OMGosh this is so elegant and I love your colour choice its very feminine and delicate, and thank you so much for your lovely comment,

have a great week,
Hugs Bridget :0) x

Vicky Hayes said...

The jar of flowers is such a pretty image and you've coloured it beautifully. It reminds me of when I was a child and we used to pick wild flowers and put them in a jam jar!

mandi said...

Hi Jo
I think possibly the sentiment would look better lower, but, as Chrissie proves on her card, it works there too
Great work, appreciate your hard work to join us
mandi

Kathleen said...

Lovely sweet card with a lovely colour theme.

Kath x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Such a pretty card, love it

Lynsey said...

Beautiful card Jo! Love the image you have used.
Hugs Lynsey x

Jose said...

Sweet card, love the colour, excellent.
Jose

Diane's Card Designs said...

Another beautiful card Jo
Diane xx

Debbie said...

Beautiful!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Beautiful colouring on your soft and pretty card Jo!

Sue said...

Beautifull card and i love the name of your blog just perfect Luv Sue x

Suze Bain said...

Super card, love the lilac and it's beautifully coloured as usual! x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Your less is more card is very striking Jo.

Wendy -x-

Lynne said...

Lovely card. Love the lilac DP.
Lynne xxx

Anonymous said...

So beautiful and I love your choice of colours

Sarn said...

Love this card, and that floral image is divine.
Hugs, Sandra

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Jo

Thank you for popping by my blog last week and leaving me those lovely comments - glad you liked Tilly too!

Thought I would come and have a look at your entry for this week's Less is More and its totally gorgeous!

Take care

Tina
X

Ruth said...

The lilac and white look great in this card, Ruth

Sue said...

A lovely card Jo. Very pretty colours and image. Sue.x

Aileen said...

Lovely delicate card. x

Viv said...

Great card , love the delicate colour too :O) Viv xx

Sandra said...

Beautiful card Jo...love the jar of flowers and the paper you have used...the sentiment looks fine too.

Take care
San x

Joan said...

very pretty card, love the colours