Good Morning
Well the beard is made, and the rest of the costume all together ready for tomorrow. Emma is very excited!
Today's card is for this weeks' Less Is More Challenge, which is 'Three Squares'. I'm really struggling with CAS cards at the moment. I've got so used to using lots of layers and embellishments on cards, it's difficult not to do that and be happy with what you make. I'm not particularly happy with my card, but can't put my finger on why not!
I used some stamps from Sheena Douglass, which I stamped three times. I used mica powders to colour these, mixed with water and used as a paint. I matted these onto some matt gold card. I couldn't decide which colour ribbon to use, so decided to plait all three together!
I'm sorry about the quality of the photo, I took 15 photos of this card and this is the best I can do!
Thanks for visiting today.
Jo

10 comments:
This is lovely Jo.... the only thing that I can think of would be to have a little more 'white space' which would in fact mean using a larger card blank.
This is precisely what happened with my card this week. I intended doing it as a DL, but then realised that the proportions were not right and I upped the size of the card and was much more pleased with the outcome!
It would be interesting to see what effect it would have!
Great stuff... see you next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Your card is lovely Jo....I think we are all struggling a bit not to add more to our cards..
Anne
Fab card xx Jan
I think Chrissie may be right although my suggestion would have been to use a slightly stronger colour somewhere as a contrast - but, that said, it's still a very nice card
Kathyk
Lovely card, love the stamp too
Love the flowers you've used. It's a lovely card.
Hugs, Sandra
Lovely card Jo, you're colouring is beautiful. Aren't we all too critical of our own work - which is a good thing but it drives us mad sometimes!
Hi Jo
#I too think the space is slightly overloaded so to remedy matt the squares onto a larger card or omit the ribbon. Possibly mske the squares smaller and use different parts of the square from each one
That may sound a rubbish explanation..sorry lol
Thanks for joining us, much appreciated
mandi
"Less is More"
This is one I would like to see in person. It is a fabulous card! The stamp is beautiful and with the mica powders I know it must shine so nicely.
I think the card is very pretty. I believe I would have left off the ribbon...the coloring on the images is strong enough to stand on its own.
Post a Comment