Followers

Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Less Is More - Take Two!!

Hello Again

Well I did say I wasn't happy with my card and couldn't work out why!! Thanks to a couple of comments, my brain kicked in!!! This is more like my original plan, but I couldn't fit it on a DL card. Why on earth I didn't just think to use a bigger card has me baffled, that's what comes of crafting late into the night :0)


I am much happier with this, and hope it still meets the CAS requirements? You must despair of me??? It'll click one day honest.

If you fancy having a go at the challenge full details can be found here. Everyone is very welcoming and supportive.

Jo

18 comments:

Chrissie said...

Well I feel that the proportion is better Jo and I'm glad that you feel the same!
This is lovely!
Sometimes all it needs is a step away, but often that's difficult when you've been working away at a project for some time. I think that's where our community system works... just a word can make you think things in a whole new light!
Well done you and thanks for this second submission!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It's a lovely card and I love the ribbon, but I liked the other one too, isn't it great we are all learning?

Kathyk said...

And I love the contrasting colour you picked too - SMASHING

Kathyk

Sarn said...

I like both cards, but marginally prefer this one . . . perhaps it's because there's more white space on this one. Great job!
Hugs, Sandra

Jan said...

Great card I do prefer this one but both great xx Jan

Rosietoes said...

Love this one Jo.

Edna x

Suze Bain said...

Looks great Jo, Not sure which one I prefer, I like the addition of the stronger purple in this one but it's not quite so CAS. They're both lovely!

Margaret said...

Such a pretty card, I love it
Margaret x

Lynne said...

I did like the first one but this one is much better, even though there`s more on it.
Lynne xxx

Lynsey said...

Hi Jo, what a beautiful elegant card!
Hugs Lynsey x

Jose said...

You are a brick to do a second card, yes I think a card a little larger looks better, this is not a criticism but I would tend to leave out the purple, but saying that it might look awful, but I loved the images you chose.

Mandi said...

I like this better and glad you are happier
Those images are FAB they would work on their own too
mandi
"Less is More"

TAM said...

Liking this one more - as others have said it isn't so crowded

Susan said...

It really makes a difference when you're happy with the end result. The purple really adds a lot!

Jessica said...

Turned out wonderfully! Love the design.

Robyn said...

Love it Jo! Great image, Great colour and great everything else!!

Vicky Hayes said...

Such pretty colours and have you plaited your ribbon? I know what you mean about crafting in the middle of the night - although sometimes you get your best ideas then too!

Sarn said...

Hi Jo . . . in answer to the questions you asked on my blog: Yep, my chooks lay an egg each per day (approx), sometimes they miss a day. Their fave place to lay them is in their nest box (which is also where they sleep)- see last week's "Sunday Roast". I've been keeping chooks for 10 months now and have loved (nearly) every min! LOL!

Am trying to post something on my blog each Sunday, so please pop back.
Hugs, Sandra.