Good Morning
I spent many hours this weekend working on a competition card, which will be ready to go in the post this evening, when I'm happy all the glue has properly set!!!
When that was all finished I gave some thought to this weeks 'Less Is more' challenge. Full details of the challenge can be found here
After a lot of thought and test stamping this is what I finally came up with.
It does look better in real life! My photography skills aren't that great!
The image is one of the Bella panels available from Debbi Moore, which I stamped using a light blue ink. I then applied some blue chalk over the ink to add a bit of sparkle. I still wasn't happy (this was my 6th attempt at this image) so decided to try one of my favourite techniques, triple embossing, to give the image a 'tile effect'.
I embossed some blue and pale yellow card which I layer onto my white card base, cut a tag using a spellbinders die, and added some peel offs. I chose the words 'Just for You' as I think this card is suitable for a number of occasions.
If you're not familiar with this new challenge blog, why not pop across and have a look. Everyone there is very friendly. And on that note, I would like to thank everyone for visiting my blog and leaving me comments, it's a really lovely community to be a part of.
Thanks for your visit today. I'm off to have a look at some of the other entries.
Jo

25 comments:
Jo, what a beautiful image. (the yellow and blue look a bit strong, how about if you'd just done 2 white embossed panels?) Still lovely though. x
thats a really delicate card, I love what you have done with it - and I am useless at photographing my cards, they always seem to loose the light
Pretty card Jo.
ANne
I know that my eyes are not as good as they used to be, but is this card a little out of focus?
The central image looks a little indistinct, I'm just wondering whether this is because of the triple embossing or the camera.... or my eyes! I think I'm nearly due for a re-test!
The focal point needs to grab one's attention and the surrounding elements should complement the image.
Maybe you could try another picture to see if that does the trick!
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Love your card and the embossing is very effective.
Diane xx
Mmmm... I like the ethereal look the central image has. Looks like you reverse stamped it on vellum, so it was very interesting to read about your technique. TFS!
Goodness this is heaps better, I can't believe the difference, I can actually see the image now!
Thanks JO!
Chrissie
Those Debbi Moore stamps are just fabulous
They are intricate and would look stunning all on their own too
Thanks for joining us
mandi
"Less is More"
I love the blue and yellow combination...and the embossing looks great with that nice image!
Love your colour combination a very pretty card x
This is grogeous I love the image.xxx
I think this card is fine but I feel it would have more impact with just a very narrow border round the image.
Kath x
Lovely card xx Jan
A beautiful card Jo, good luck with the competition. Thanks for commenting on my blog - the dies you asked about both came in the same pack. Hugs x
This is a gorgeous card. I really love blue and yellow together and it works well with the image in the delicate blue. I have those stamps too - seems we share some of the same taste!
Linbyx
Hi a lovely pretty card . I love blue and lemon together. I have those stamps and I really like them. Hugs x ChrisB
I never think of blue and yellow together but it works so well. The central image is very pretty.
Gina R x
Hi Jo,
your new card is so beautiful.
lovely embossing!!!
love
Claudia
Love the main image, so pretty.
I can't believe I borrowed these stamps from a friend and gave them back without trying them...I think I am going to give her a call...lol
Your card is lovely, I personally like the lemon and blue card, it's one of my fav combinations, even in clothes...
Thanks for dropping over to my blog, your comments were lovely
x
Vicky
So pretty! I too couldn't resist those stamps!
What a pretty image. I'm not familiar with triple embossing, but I like the look of your card. Something new to try!
Lovely card, well done.
Maureen........x
Lovely card. I think the stamp is awesome, love the color and the tag is adorable.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my card.
Beautiful card. I love the tile effect and the image. Kathleen x
Post a Comment