Followers

Saturday, 12 March 2011

Less Is More - Off The Edge

Good Afternoon

This is my card for this weeks' challenge over at Less Is More and also One Stop Craft Challenge

You'll be surprised (not!!!) to know that I struggled to get started with this card. I looked at the challenge as soon as I got up this morning! Then I thought, and thought, and browsed through all my stamps, and browsed again lol - I'm sure you get the picture. Anyway enough waffle, here's what I came up with.


I did numerous test stamps onto copier paper til I was happy with the design and then stamped onto some smooth white cardstock using a corner stamp from Dimension Fourth and a Big & Juicy Hydrangea ink pad. It took a long time to complete, and I really hope it meets the requirements for this weeks' challenge. It all looked a bit 'unfinished' so I stamped the sentiment using the same ink pad.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog :0).

Jo x

57 comments:

Victoria said...

oooh it doesn't look unfinished to me jo. I think it's a bit lush actually. Love the colour and well done on your patience getting all that stamping lined up so perfectly
Hugs
Victoria
x

Kathyk said...

It's beautiful - fabbbbb colours

Kathyk

Deborah Frings said...

I think this is lovely. I really like the shading in the inks - and the beautiful stamp. It's fab!

Anonymous said...

This is stunning and as Victoria has said definately LUSH. these inkpads give a beautiful effect. Love love love this card

Ali x

Stamps and Paper said...

Pretty card, lovely colours.

Anne

Mandi said...

Hi Jo
I think it;s gorgeous
You are 'allowed' to add a little gem in the diamond space the stamp has created, or a pearl. No it doesn't need it but would it make you happier? Chrissie would be happy with it plain, but, Id add the gems I think
Love it either way
Thanks you for entering
mandi
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo,
This is beautiful! I love the ink pad you've used - fab idea! You made me smile with the photocopier paper as that's exactly what I do. I practice and practice and they all look great but theminute I stamp on card I mess it up, lol!! As for Harry Potter, I can't believe what I was missing!! xx

Jane said...

This is gorgeous Jo...lovely colours!
x

PatR said...

Less definately is more with this gorgeous card. I love it!! xx

Anne said...

This is gorgeous. love the colours, image... and everything.
Anne x

Susie Sugar said...

How classy Jo and a perfect colour combo
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Caroline Hallett said...

really pretty card, and very effective - and I think the colours work brilliantly

Maureen said...

This is gorgeous and so much work to get them all lined up. Well done.
Maureen...........x

Lynne said...

This is beautiful. I love the effect you`ve got from the inkpad.
Lynne xxx

Rosietoes said...

I think it looks superb Jo. Your stamping is wonderful. Love it!

Edna x

Mandy said...

Wow this is fabulous...I love the colours and it looks so elegant...
Mandy x

Lisa Jane said...

such a great idea - it looks fab
Lisa x

Sue said...

Definitely looks finished to me. This is a very clever card, and a beautiful one too.

Chrissie said...

Simply love it!
The design is great the colour mix is fabulous and the sentiment adds a lot to the overall composition!
Super!
Thanks for joining us again..see you next time!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jan said...

This is beautiful Jo so elegant xx Jan

Sarn said...

What a lovely card.

I am a very impatient crafter and have been known to file my cards in the bin when they don't work out. You are star for checking out stuff on paper first!
Hugs, Sandra

Canonbury creations said...

Lovely card, great colours and I like the Moroccan feel to the stamp ;)
Val x

Susan said...

Jo, this is simply fabulous! I love the varigated colors...and the pattern is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

I think it helps to stamp onto copier paper first, I alway do, it saves wasting your card for a start..
Your card is gorgeous, I really like that stamp, unlike me you lined it up perfecty...Beautiful design!!!!

Thanks for dropping by
x
Vicky

Lynne K said...

Worth all the effort because it is just beautiful! The colours are gorgeous. Lynne x

Loli said...

Hello Jo, i'm happy because my card has made you smile. thank you for your comment.
Brilliant card, i love your colour mix.good job.
A hug from Palma de Mallorca

Shirley-Anne said...

Clever use of that stamp image .lovely colours , very stylish card .

Viv said...

Well done it looks great,love how it all matches ( sentiment etc.) I struggled too this week lol! thanks for comments on mine also Viv xx

Diane said...

Gorgeous, elegant card, your stamping is beautiful.
Diane x

Bea said...

Love the colours in this card - very stylish

Diane's Card Designs said...

Gorgeous card...love the colours
Diane xx

Rita said...

My word this is a stunning card. Rita xxxx

massofhair said...

Hi Jo i am LoViNg your card! Such a gorgeous corner stamp and using the Big and Juicy stamp pad has made it all just so delicious.
Thanks for dropping by and leaving such a lovely comment:-)

Rosemary said...

WOW!!! just amazing and perfectly stamped!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another WOW fromme, just love it all and the colours are gorgeous

Jen said...

WOW a corner stamp, fantastic idea, thanks for my comment.
jenjoy x

Dotty Jo said...

This is a stunner Jo - must have taken ages! Jo x

Michelle said...

wow this is a fantastic card I think you have done a great job using a corner stamp. It must of taken a lot of patience. xx

Gina said...

What a beautiful card. You have positioned the stamps perfectly, I am in awe.
Gina R x

Sasha said...

Your card is lovely, Jo. Beautiful colour choice and great stamping!!

Netty said...

Beautiful precision stamping. Your card is totally gorgeous. Annette

Linby said...

What a lovely delicate card, such a beautiful image.
Linbyx

Beryl K said...

It's a beautiful card, such a lot of work, I'm not surprised it took you a long time
Beryl x

Joan said...

Amazing ! how clever to get the stamp lined up so perfectly,I thought it was one big stamp when I first looked. Beautiful colours and card.

Tricia Williams said...

Gorgeous colours!!!

Maureen said...

Lovely card with a fabulous effect and colours

Vicky Hayes said...

How resourceful of you to see that the corner stamp would make such a beautiful design. Using the graduated ink pad adds lovely detail and the way it's perfectly lined up takes my breath away (please tell me you used a stamp-a-majig!)

Jose said...

Just one word 'GORGEOUS'
Jose x

Aileen said...

Wow. What a lot of patience you have. The stamps are lined up beautifully and love the colours you've used. x

Kathleen said...

I can see that this card has been hard work, I would never have got all the lines straight for one thing, then I would have made a mess somewhere along the line with the stamping. Well done you for producing a fabulous card, loving the colours too.

Kath x

ladyjanet_56 said...

What a lovekely card certainly fit's the challenge, thanks for joining us at OSCC. Lisa & Janet

Jenny said...

That is a fab card, and to think you had to stamp out that corner image many times is amazing. I hope your proud of the result :)

Toulouse said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and your comments on my Butterfly & Dandelion card. the images are from the 'Flora & Fauna' digikit that is free on this months ' complete Cardmaker'
cd along with a free version of 'Scrapbok Artist' software.
I DO have a clear stamp almost exactly like it from Sugar and Spice crafts.
Donna (Toulouse31):-)

Suze Bain said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours.

G Peplow said...

Fabulous, well worth all the effort, love it:0) xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a clever way of using a corner stamp - the border you've created is just amazing - must have taken you ages. Love the range of colours on the images too. Thanks so much for popping over to my blog tonight. Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Debbie said...

Love this card! A corner stamp, huh? Clever use of it and you've tempted me to try something similar, but I'm afraid I'll never get it stamped evenly...