Followers

Friday, 18 March 2011

Have A Sporty Birthday

Hello!

Today's card is for my nephew who's birthday is next week. He loves his sport, especially football and golf, so I decided it was time to ink up some of my Sporty Lofty stamps from Joanna Sheen.


This is my first attempt at a double twisted easel card, I thought it was a good way to display the images.

The images were stamped onto watercolour card using versafine ink, and then coloured using my Lyra Aquacolour Crayons. They were then layered onto a larger oval, cut using a Nellie Snellen die.

The sentiment stoppers came on the stamp sheets and were stamped onto card using a Big & Juicy inkpad. The same inkpad was used to stamp the Happy Birthday sentiment, which is a Dimension Fourth rubber stamp, which was stamped directly onto cardstock which had been Martha Stewart punched. A pale blue card from PaperMill was used to make the easely bit!

I'm quite pleased with how this has turned out. I'm not the most confident watercolourer, but think this has turned out ok.

Have a lovely, crafty day.

Jo

3 comments:

Diane's Card Designs said...

Hi Jo, Love the double twisted easel cards. Your Nephew is going to love this. Love the border punch and those images are sooo cute.
Have a lovely weekend!
Diane :-) xx

Jan said...

Love this Jo, colours are fab, I havn't had a go at one of these yet xx jan

Carol said...

Hi Jo. I came on to see your 'CD Sunday'card and then found this wonderful creation. I am just getting back into stamping after buying a stamping platform which is a joy to use. I love the card shape. I must admit - and our Wynn will confirm this - I find anything other than 'square' a problem.
OK now off to find the CD Sunday entry.
Hugs
Carol xx