Followers

Friday, 18 March 2011

A Gem Of A Challenge

Good Afternoon

This is a quick post, I feel like Anneka Rice against the clock! I hadn't realised the the current A Gem Of A Challengefinishes today.

We had a sketch to follow, and here is my entry.


I was lucky enough to win some digi stamps in a Pink Gem blog hop recently, and this is one of the stamps I won. He's lovely isn't he? This is the first time I have used a digi stamp, the first time I printed him he filled a A5 sheet, lol. I printed him onto watercolour paper, left the image for a couple of days to make sure the ink was properly dry, and then watercoloured him using Lyra Aquacolours.


I gave him little rosy cheeks because I'm sure all pirates have rosy cheeks! He's sitting on some gorgeous pearlescent cardstock which has been die-cut using a Marianne's die. The backing paper is printed from Crafters Companion Boys cd-rom, and the border has been cut out of the same paper using my fab new spellbinders fleur de lis die. I embossed some pearlescent paper using a cuttlebug die, then added some buttons from my stash.

Phew! Stop the clock!!!!

6 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I have him as a rubber stamp, isn;t he cute. I love that die cut he is mounted on. You did make me smile re the size when you first printed him. Wel done for managing the deadline. I hate it when you finish a card only to find the challenge has closed. Marianne x

Lexxie said...

Absolutely adorable,
Love Sarita xx

Jan said...

He's lovely, coloured beautifully. and finished to perfection xx Jan

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Jo. Loving that Marianne die and must put it on my shopping list lol. Carol x

Sandra said...

Beautiful card,lovely image and a great take on the sketch...thanks for joining us this week at A Gem Of A Challenge.

Take care
San x

Mary J said...

This is so lovely! Really adorable honey!