Good Morning and what a dull morning it is too.
My test results showed that my blood pressure is still much too high so my GP has now prescribed an additional medication to hopefully bring it down. I am feeling very disoreinted at the moment, on top of the usual dizziness so it does feel a bit like one forward two back!
I was delighted to learn that I was runner-up in a House Mouse competition run by Joanna Sheen for her forum members. This is the first time one of my cards has won a prize and to say I am pleased doesn't come anywhere near it! My card, along with the winners (which was gorgeous) and some of the other entries (which were also brilliant) will be on display at the NEC, woohoo!!!
Now onto my card. This is my entry into this months Crafters Companion Challenge which is Easter
I am also entering it into Creative Cottage Challenge - Spring
The card is made using an image and backing papers from the Crafters Companion cd-rom 'Souffle'. He is such a cutie and I thought perfect for Easter and Spring! I decided on a blue and yellow combo as I love these colours together.
The base card is made from a white hammered card from Papermill. I chose 2 different backing papers which I printed off onto a Matt photo paper and then matted on to yellow card. The same yellow card was used for the corners, die cut using a Marianne Die, and the label die cut using a spellbinders die.
I printed the Souffle image twice and then matted the main image onto the same yellow card. I then cut out just Souffle and decoupaged him to add a bit of dimension. The flowers I made to copy the flower in his beak, cut and embossed using my Nellie Snellen punches, and then a gold gem in the centres to finish off.
I hope you like my card today, and thank you for stopping by.
Jo x

10 comments:
Incredibly pretty card and such lovely spring colours! Thanks for joining in the fun at TCC this week :) Donna x
Love this Jo he is soooo cute, xx Jan
First of all, I hope you get settled with your meds and start to feel more like yourself. (that's a Northern Irish one if ever I heard it!).
Secondly many congratulations on your win, no wonder you are delighted - a NEC star!! Well done Jo.
Thirdly, this is a super card. Love the image and the lo is fab.
Hugs,
Edna x
Oh this is so sweet Edna Such a cute little image. Love the colours and design.
Diane xx
Just back to say I love the new 'outfit' for your blog!
Edna x
Love Souffle he's just so cute, great card Jo. Carol x
Sorry to hear you are so poorly, hope that soon gets sorted. This card is just gorgeous. Loe the colour scheme and the cute Souffle. Thanks for playing along at CC this month. Well done on your win and display at NEC, woo hoo. Thanks for all your lovely comments Jo. Marianne x
Delightful! Great Spring card!
Oh Jo - look at that little duck - he's gorgeous I love him!! Fabulous papers and colours and gorgeous details, but the little duck makes it for me - he's precious!!
hugs
Heather xx
lovely card the image is so cute. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage Challenge, Tracy x
Post a Comment