I hope you've had a lovely day.
My card for today uses Spirelli, I found it a very therapeutic technique!
I die-cut my shapes from pearlescent card using my Nellie Snellen Round Lily dies. I then used a mother-of-pearl effect thread on two of the shapes and then layered them together.
Using pink pearlescent card, I embossed using D'vine Swirls embossing folder and matted this onto silver mirror card. I printed a backing paper from the Paintbox Poppers cd-rom, onto pearlescent paper. I then matted this onto silver mirror card before attaching to my white card base. Lilac pearls were added in each of the corners to complete the card.
My card is for the following challenges:
Joanna Sheen Forum MM15 challenge - Spirelli
The CD Sunday Challenge - All Sewn Up
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Sewing Box
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Thanks for visiting my blog today.


9 comments:
Hi Jo. What a beautiful card. Everything goes together so well and the lilac colour is so soft.
Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT.
Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Cupcakes. keeley
Hi Jo and thanks for joining us again with such a super card. I like the thread work very much.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT
oh this is beautiful Hun,have not done,that technique for ages,hugs Cherylxx
Hi Jo. This is a lovely idea. The swirls on the backing paper match nicely with the embossed swirls and I think the spirelli is fab. I haven't done any for ages and I really like your idea of layering it up.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT
A lovely card and embossing, thanks for sharing with us at CD Sunday, Wendy x
Beautiful design Jo, the spirelli looks amazing and is so effective! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x
That's a lovely card. The colour you've chosen shows the spirelli off to perfection. x
Great card. Thanks for joining us at Papertake weekly.
Angie x
Post a Comment