Followers

Monday, 23 April 2012

A Gem Of A Challenge

Good Morning

The current challenge over at A Gem Of A Challenge is a fab sketch to follow.  Here is my card:


I followed the theme at Passion For Promarkers which is Pink, pearls and lace.  I chose various papers from my stash, and went around the edges with Big and Juicy Soothing Sunset ink, and embossed a strip of plum-coloured card with swiss dots embossing folder.  I die-cut a sentiment tab in the same card, and the swirls in the top corner, which is a memory box die.

My image is sat on a gold mat, cut with a Spellbinders Label die.  I added some lace from Joanna Sheen across the card.  I love the striped organza ribbon that I used to make the bow, and only have a short length of it left!  I added a princess charm attached to bakers twine.

I coloured this very cute image using promarkers and added co-ordinating pearls to each of the corners.

The inside of the card has been decorated to co-ordinate with the front:


My card is also for the following challenges:

Crafty Sentiments  - Use a digi

Craft Your Days Away - Use metal

PaperPlay Challenges - Animal Antics

Alphabet Challenge Blog - F for Feathered Friends

One Stitch at a Time - Anything Goes

Sentimental Sundays - Celebrating Earth Day

Paper Sundaes - Let's Get Cute

Cupcake Craft Challenges - Use fabric

Thanks for visiting, have a lovely day.


13 comments:

Hazel said...

Lovely card, cute image, lovely colours and charm! Hazel x

Catherine said...

Fabulous card, love the lace...

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is lovely! Thank you for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the Challenge. Judy DT x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image.Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty Sentiments.xxx

papertrails leaver said...

What a cute card! Love the image you have used! The lace looks sweet tucked behind! Thanks for joining us at Penny's challenges and good luck! :-) Amy

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card and lovely colours, thanks for playing with us at the Alphabet Challenge, blessings Hilde

sara said...

really sweet card thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
hugs sara x x

Brodders said...

Lovely work :) Thanks for joining us this week with the Material Girl challenge, and good luck - Jane

Mandy said...

Gorgeous and super cute card Jo :)
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Cazro said...

A sweet card, love the little birdie. thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

Nikki Byrne said...

Sooo cute, and beautiful inside too!!Thank you for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs

NIKkI DT

Love crafts forever said...

Absolutely gorgeous card. Thanks for playing at OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya

Karen C said...

Love how the charm matches the dog's crown! Awesome! Thanks for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time! Best of luck in the draw!
Hugs,
Karen C (OSAAT DT)
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com