Followers

Wednesday, 4 April 2012

Happy Birthday To You

Good Morning

There are lots of photos in this post!

Today is my sisters 40th birthday.  If you happen to look in - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, have a great day.

I wanted to make her more of a keepsake than a card, and here is what I came up with.


I couldn't get the whole thing in the photo, but you'll see it in more detail further down the page.

We had lots of the Beatrix Potter books when we were little, so it was a very appropriate range to use to make the card.


This is the front of the card, using a Benjamin bunny frame card from The World of Beatrix Potter cd-rom.  I used white centura pearl card for the card base.


Next I printed a decoupage image from the Mrs Tiggy-Winkle cd-rom.  I matted the image onto pearlised card, and cut the sentiment tag from the same card using a Spellbinders die.  The backing paper from the cd-rom was printed onto pearl paper, and then inked around the edge using Soothing Sunset Big and Juicy ink.  I inked the flowers on the doily using the same ink.


The next page features the adorable Peter Rabbit, again from the decoupage section of the cd-rom.  The image is matted onto green pearl card, cut along the top with a Martha Stewart punch.  The die cut is Spellbinders with some gems added.  The backing paper printed onto pearl paper, and inked around the edges with Pine Needles Distress Ink.


Next is the gorgeous Guinea Pig from Appley Dapply's Nursery Rhymes, printed from the decoupage section.  This time the image is matted onto Core'dinations cardstock.  The backing paper was inked around the edges using rusty hinge distress inks, and the die cut shapes, all cut using Spellbinders Persian dies, were inked in the die with Rusty Hinge.


 This page features a decoupage from The Tale of Two Bad Mice cd-rom. Matted onto deep blue pearlescent card.  The sentiment tag is a Spelllbinders die and the ribbon border a Marianne die with blue gingham ribbon threaded through.  The backing paper was inked around the edges with Faded Jeans distress ink.


Next we have the delightful Jemima Puddle-duck, once again from the decoupage section of the cd-rom.  Matted onto pearlescent green card, edge punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  Pink pearls were added along the border.  The corners are Spellbinders Fleur de Lis and the flower from my stash.  The backing paper was once again inked round the edge using cut n dry foam and Pine Needles distress ink.


For this page I used decoupage from the gorgeous Tale of Timmy Tiptoes cd-rom.  I used core-dinations card stock and a Darice embossing folder to get the tree-trunk effect.  I sanded the cardstock to add to the effect.  I cut some leaves from 2 different colours of core'dinations card to make the leaves, which I added at random around the image.


Now we have Mr Jeremy Fisher, and yes, you've guessed it, from the decoupage section of the cd-rom.  Core'dinations card is used for the mats again, the sentiment mat cut with a Spellbinders die.  A few little gems  were then added.  Pine Needles distress ink was used again on this page to ink around the edges.


On the last page I chose this delightful decoupage image from The Tale of Tom Kitten cd-rom and matted it onto pink pearlescent card.  I love the backing paper on this page. I added pink and green gems along the botton of the page, and made a double bow using pink gingham ribbon with a flower added to the centre to complete this page.


I typed the greeting for the card, and then on the reverse side of the other pages I printed backing papers from one of the cd-roms in various colours and matted them onto silver mirri card.

Finally, I made a box from Centura Pearl card.

It took me a week in all to make this card and I thoroughly enjoyed making it and am delighted with the result.

Phew, thanks for sticking with me through this long post, you deserve a cup of tea now!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Crafters Companion Monthly Challenge - Four legged friend

Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - A Shaped Card

Coffee, Chocolates and Cards - Fancy Folds

One Stitch At A Time - New (Timmy Tiptoes, Jemima Puddle-Duck, Jeremy Fisher, Two Bad Mice all new cd's)

Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Anything Goes

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Bunnies

Shopping Our Stash - Use punches

Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

My Mum's Craft Shop - Easter or Animals

Diva's By Design - Anything Goes

Thank you very much for visiting my blog.

25 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Jo.Thanks for sharing this with us at Anything Goes.xxx

Hazel said...

Wow!! so much work and creativity has gone into this gorgeous creation - your sister will be over the moon to receive this (I would be) - thanks for joining in the 'punch it out' challenge on Shopping our stash, Hazel, Guest Designer x

Carol said...

This is stunning Jo, a beautiful keepsake which your sister is going to love. Carol x

emma mitchell said...

Wow this is beautiful . Thank you for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
Emma xx

Rosie said...

What an absolutely beautiful (not going to call it a card ) work of art. The thought and detail you've put into it are incredible. Really lovely, just the sort of thing that I like to do. x

Anonymous said...

Jo, I always think your cards are wonderful keepsakes but this one has to be the best ever!!! Absolutely fantastic!
xxx

happyscrapper said...

This is totally awesome. I love it. Thanks for joining us this week at CCCC, and hope to see you back.
Hugz,
Christine

downrightcrafty said...

by you have been busy, gorgeous shaping and lovely colours so sweet, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps I have some new candy if you are interested :)

Inkypinkydelights said...

What an amazing keepsake!! I love it! Thank you for sharing at One Stitch at a Time and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow Jo, this is fabulous. Such a lot of work which I am sure will be well loved. A wonderful keepsake.

Suzie's Card Den said...

This is amazing, your sister is going to treasure this for years to come.
Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes Challenge, good luck and hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Suzie xx

cotnob said...

What an absolutely stunning gift Jo, it's gorgeous, your sister will treasure this for a very long time.
Pauline
x

Caz said...

Lovely card, Thanx for joining us at Crafty Sentiments..and good luck.

Caz CS DT

Unknown said...

Beautiful Spring Jo!

Thanks for entering our weekly challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs.....

Big hugs Jo xxx

Francesca said...

Very Pretty
Thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday challenge this week and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Gaynor Greaves said...

This is gorgeous, love your images, very inspirational, thanks for joining our Easter/Animals challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT xx

Gaynor Greaves said...

This is gorgeous, love your images, very inspirational, thanks for joining our Easter/Animals challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT xx

Nikki Byrne said...

Oh my word1 This is gorgeous!! Such a stunning piece of work, Thank you for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs

NIKKI DT

Anonymous said...

Wow, an amazing creation, so much work, love it! Thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Karen C said...

Oh wow! These are awesome! Thanks for playing with us at One Stitch At A Time! Best of luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Karen C (OSAAT DT)
www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

Love crafts forever said...

Wow! This is amazing project. Thanks for playing at OSAAT this week.
Hugs Nataliya

Lisa said...

Wow Jo this is fabulous! I am sure your sister will love this card.

Thanks for joining us at the Crafter's Companion Monthly Challenge.

Lisa x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous creation...thanks for joining the Divas....hope to see you next week again!
xxx Margreet

CarlaKH said...

WOw this is amazing! Just gorgeous. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!

lis-m said...

My you have been busy... what wonderful projects...
Thanks for joining us over @ Crafters companion for the 4 legged friends challenge . Good luck!
Hugs x