Hello
My card for today is for the current challenge over at Joanna Sheen Challenge - It's A Man's World. Here is my card:
This is made using the Thomas Kinkade cd-rom from Joanna Sheen, and is a fabulous triple cd set. So useful for men's cards.
I find there's something very magical about lighthouses and I love this image with the waves crashing against the rocks. I printed the image onto glossy photo paper, and the backing papers onto a textured paper. All the matting and embellishments use a gorgeous pearlescent card I got from PaperMill.
I used various Spellbinders Fleur de Lis dies, I think these work so well with seasidey images. The largest die reminds me of a ships wheel, and I decided to add some spirelli to this shape using a variegated thread. Bakers twine was added to another die and finally some little sea shells to complete the card.
My card is also for the following challenges:
The Crafty Pad - Use dies
Pile It On Challenge - All about S (Sea, Shells)
Bunny Zoe's Craft - Use ribbon or twine
Shopping Our Stash - Macsuline
Papertake Weekly - Water, water everywhere
Crafts and Me - 3d embellishment
Thanks for visiting my blog today, and for all the comments you leave.


17 comments:
Such a pretty card, Jo! I love Thomas Kinkade images and this is no exception. Very pretty indeed! Kx
Love your cards Jo I can't decide which I like the best xx Jan
Very charming card, and certainly is inspiring in the masculine 'area'... (I struggle so bad doing male cards)... and I really adore yours! Its lovely having you participate in the challenge this fortnight on the Joanna Sheen Challenge blog...x
Great card Jo, I find the TK cd perfect for the hard to please males. Loving your spirelli. Carol x
Great male card. I love those dies too. Hazel x
Beautiful card Jo I have trouble making male cards but this is fab...Hugs May x x x
Gorgeous card, love the lighthouse and crashing waves image and the spirelli on the die is lovely. Thanks for linking up to The Crafty Pad's challenge this week. Estelle x
Fabulous man's card Jo. I keep meaning to get that CD but haven't got round to it as yet. :)
I like the way you have laid out the elements on this one and the sentiment plaque is fab.
Edna x :)
What a clever way to use that die as a ship's wheel, love this card
Anne
x
Lovely card! Those die-cuts are cute :-)
Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Pad
Venus-DT
http://weheartpapercrafts.blogspot.com/
Lovely card Jo, great embellishments, I always find it hard to embellish men's cards.
Pauline
x
Lovely card! The image is so serene! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!
How beautiful! I'm so glad you could join us at Bunny Zoes this month!
Hugs,
Dorcas
Fab male card. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me and BunnyZoe. I also have candy on my blog HERE.
Hugs Tracy x
Beautiful card - love the colours!
Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!
Helen x
BEAUTIFUL card!
Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!
Have a GREAT day!
Love your card - thanks for joining in the masculine theme this week on Shopping our stash, Hazel, Guest Designer x
Post a Comment