Followers

Friday, 13 April 2012

The CD Sunday Challenge - Toybox Treasures

Good Evening

The current challenge at The CD Sunday Challenge has a theme of 'Toybox Treasures'.  I immediately thought of Joanna Sheen's Faye Whittaker cd-rom's and here is my card:


The image for my card is taken from the Teddies decoupage section and looks great when completed due to the very generous number of layers.  The backing paper is from the same cd-rom.  I inked around the edges of the backing paper with Fired Brick distress ink to blend it into the rest of the card.  I punched around a red square of card with a Martha Stewart punch around the page set, and attached the decoupaged image.

I tied a bow using my bowdabra and some lovely gingham ribbon.  I attached a teddy charm (from Pink Gem designs) to the centre of the bow using bakers twine.

I would also like to enter my card in:

Diva's By Design - Charmed I'm Sure

Thanks for visiting my blog.  Have a lovely weekend.

9 comments:

Jayne A said...

Gorgeous card. I love the cute little teddy Charm.

Thanks for joining us this week at Diva's
Hugs
Jayne

Carol said...

Love this Jo, it's a gorgeous image. Carol x

starcyl said...

This is great, I do like your frame around the image. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Catherine said...

This is gorgeous, love that image and the bow....

Carol said...

This is lovely Jo. I have seen this image and you are right about the generous layers of decoupage. Sorry I am late coming to visit but have just got home.
Carol x
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

I lovely design with some great embellies. Love the charm. Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

DesignerDiva said...

This is really cute Jo, I love that punch around the page!
Thanks for playing along with the Diva’s this week with your ‘Charming’ make and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie xx

Anita said...

A beautiful card and the image is so pretty. Thanks for joining the Divas challenge this week.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Lovely work, love the punch around the page detail. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

Wendy -x-