Followers

Wednesday, 18 April 2012

The Bonnie Banks O' Loch Lomond

Good Morning

My card for today is one I have made for my brother-in-laws birthday.  He lives up in the Highlands and loves to go cycling, so hopeful he will like my card:


My card is made using photo inspiration from CRAFT Challenge and follows the sketch over at Sketch and Stash.

I stamped a number of different stamps from the Hobby Art Scene-it sets, In The Country and British Countryside.  The In The Country set have been rather neglected!  I stamped onto watercolour card using Versafine inks.  I coloured the image using Lyra Aquacrayons. The image is then matted onto pearlescent and Core'dinations card.

I embossed some co-ordinating card using embossing folders and then sanded the card slightly.  I also distressed all the card edges.  The flourishes are cut with spellbinders die, as is the sentiment tag.  I added the bicycle charm with bakers twine as he loves to go cycling.

My card is also for the following challenges:

Shopping Our Stash - Water Themed

Craft Your Days Away  - Metal

Dream Valley Challenges - Earth Tones

ABC Challenge - N for Neutral

Clear It Out Challenge - Based On A Song (The Bonnie Bank O' Loch Lomond)

My Mum's Craft Shop - Based On A Movie (What Lies Beneath?)

Thanks for visiting today and all the lovely comments you leave me.

18 comments:

Krafty Kows said...

Wow this card is beautiful, I'm sure your brother in law is going to love it. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Jeanette

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous ,love the image and fabulous colours.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card, I like the image and the colours, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, good luck.
Kevin xx

Hazel said...

It's great, love the layout and I'm sure your BIL will love it. Hazel x

Happy Crafter said...

Fab card he will love it :)
Hugzz Val xx

Carol said...

Great card Jo, the image is fabulous. Carol x

Catherine said...

Great male card...

Rosietoes said...

That's so lovely Jo. Your BIL will love it. The wee charm is so perfect too. :)

Edna x

Patty Sue 2 said...

I am sure your BIL will enjoy this charming scene. Great job! Thank you for joining us at ABC's challenge. Good luck and I hope we see more of your lovely work on the 1st!

cotnob said...

This is fab Jo, I love the scene you have created, your Brother in Law will love it.
Pauline
x

Gaynor Greaves said...

Fab card, love the colours and image, thanks for joining our challenge at My mums craft shop, Gaynor DT x

Lynn's Place said...

Thanks for joining us @ Clear it Out Challenge love the work you have done here...tfs

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful job on the challenge. I love it when I can hum the tune while checking the entries. Thanks for joining us at Clear it out.

Jenn said...

Beautiful card, I love the scene you've created! Thanks for playing with us at ABC Challenges!

The Crafty Blonde said...

Great card, fabulous scene. Thanks for joining us this week at My Mums Craft Shop Challenge.
Lyndsey xx

Rachel x said...

Lovely card- great colour tones and texture!! :)
Thanks for joining in with our Earth Tones challenge at Dream Valley this time!! :)
hugs, Rachel x

MagsB said...

What a lovely, peaceful scene! Oh, I wish I could have a tranquil holiday there!! Lovely work. Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley Challenges!

love Mags B x

Rachel B said...

Fabulous card. Love the little bike charm.
Thanks for playing along with Clear it Out.
Rachel B - DT