Followers

Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Wishing You Better

Good Afternoon

This is my card for entry into the current Willow Sketchie Challenge:


This lovely digi stamp is from Di's Digi Downloads and is called 'Wish Upon A Star'.  I printed the image onto Neenah card and coloured using a combination of Spectrum Noirs and Promarkers.  I coloured the star with Versamark Ink so I could add the gold lustre embossing powder, I did this three times in all.

I cut around the image using a Spellbinders die, and then cut another layer from orange cardstock.  The papers are from a pad that came recently with a magazine.  The corner is die cut using a Marianne's die.  The sentiment is computer generated.  As I was making a Get Well card, and didn't just want the usual 'Get Well Soon' greeting, I created the sentiment on the computer to tie-in with the name of the stamp, and then printed this twice to produce the shadow effect.

Finally, I threaded 3 heart-shaped buttons with bakers twine and added these to my card.

My card is also for the following challenges:


Crafty Cardmakers Challenge - Recipe - 1 image, 2 dp's, 3 embellishments, to include a heart, I used 3 heart shaped buttons.

Thanks for visiting.


12 comments:

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet Jo !! I love the image and it's perfect with the wonderful sentiment! The papers and embellishments are gorgeous! I love the delish buttons and the lovely gold star! it's the perfect card to cheer somebody up!
Thank you for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
Hugs Sue xx

Annette said...

Beautiful card . The coloring is amazing .

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Hugs , Annette

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi Jo, Ah this is such a sweet card, Love the image, thanks for playing on MAWTT and Willow Sketchie Challenge this week, Love Hazelxox

DesignerDiva said...

Hi Jo, gorgeous little card, that teddy is so sweet, fab colours and colouring and I just love your heart buttons!
Thanks for joining in the get well challenge at MAWTT this week and good luck
HUgs Laurie x

Anonymous said...

Aww, this is so sweet Jo! xx

Meggymay said...

Lovely card, its a real cute image. Thankyou for joining us at CCM this week.
Yvonne

Pami said...

Super card Jo! The image is just so sweet! Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

Anonymous said...

So adorable.Those lovely papers look great with the splash of orange.Cute buttons too.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Anne said...

Aww what a cutie Jo!
Anne
x

Carol said...

Super card Jo, love your heart shaped buttons. Carol x

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Thia is adorable Jo, love it

Ali x

Lin said...

Hi Jo,

Thank you for entering your beautiful creation into our challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. However, Kim did request that you list the ingredients for the recipe so she could see how you met the criteria. I have had a good look but can only see two embellishments, the heart buttons and the corner diecut.

Lin xx