Followers

Monday, 13 February 2012

Happy 90th Birthday

Good Morning

I have been asked to make a 90th Birthday card for a Mum.  This is what I came up with.


I thought that this image from Joanna Sheen's Jane Shasky cd-rom was perfect.  This is from the decoupage section, printed onto glossy photo paper.  It took some cutting out but was well worth the effort, it decoupaged beautifully.  I used some pearlescent card for the base card, and scored the diamond pattern using my boxer board from Crafters Companion.  The sentiment mat is a spellbinders die to which I added a peel off and some gems.

I wanted to make the card extra-special for such a landmark birthday.  I have tried to make this style of card in the past, but have never been very happy with the finished result.  Well recently, I purchased a Crafters Companion Ultimate Pro with the loyalty points I had built up.  I followed the instructions and hey presto - this is the inside of the card:


It all came together perfectly.  I printed one of the backing papers from the Jane Shasky cd directly onto pearlescent cardstock, twice.  On one of the sheets, I scored and embossed using my ultimate pro and cut out the butterfly shape.  The dangly butterfly is a Marianne die, which I cut twice, once on co-ordinating cardstock and once onto yellow vellum.  I layered them together and added gems on the butterfly wings.  This was then attached using tiny jump rings.  I die cut two shapes using spellbinders ironworks motifs, added the number 90 to the centre of each, and attached to the inside of the card with foam pads.

Finally I printed a smaller panel of the same backing paper, which was added to the back of the card for the sender to write their message on.

I would like enter my card in the following challenges:

Crafty Sentiment Designs - Girly

Totally Papercrafts - Rainbow of Colour

CES Challenge - Lots of layers

Allsorts Challenge - Anything Goes

The Crafty Pad Challenge - B is for - Butterfly

Sentimental Sundays - Shaped Cards plus a sentiment

If The Shoe Fits - Anything Goes

Bunny Zoes Crafts - Celebrations

Phew, sorry for the long post, thanks for stopping by.

Jo x

15 comments:

Jan said...

A beautiful card Jo xx Jan

Claire said...

WOW I thought the front was stunning, but when you open it up, it's just amazing and I love the floral effect. Great work, she will love this. Hugs, Claire x

Lisa T said...

So beautiful! I love all the texture. And, as I look out my window at grey skies and SNOW, I really appreciate those spring flowers! :) Thanks for participating this week at Totally Papercrafts.

Doreen said...

Stunning Jo both inside and out.Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments this week.xxx

Dotty Jo said...

What a stunning card - gorgeous! Jo x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous Jo..springtime...longing...colors, joy...

greetings, Alie :-)

Lisa said...

Hi Jo, Wow this is stunning! Well done on cutting out the decoupage ... you have done a great job. Don't think I would have had the patience!

Lisa x

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Jo, this is AMAZING!! Beautiful work!
xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow Jo, this is gorgeous. I can't imagine how long that decoupage took you to cut out and the middle looks fab.

Kaytycorner said...

Jo this is a beautiful card.
Kay x

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Wow! I was in love with the front and then I saw the middle and that was unexpected! This is really delicious! Thank you for sharing and playing this week at The Crafty Pad :)

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Cute card but the challenge is for a shaped card. Hope you can join us again next week at Sentimental Sundays.

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

I love it. I especially like the flowers in the front. Then you open it up and there's even more beautiful secrets inside. Thanks for stopping by Sentimental Sundays and playing along with us in our shaped card challenge. Stop by again next week!

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW such a special card you have made for mum! Coincidentally my latest post was also a card for my mum!!

Cheers from Bangalore, India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com