Followers

Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Pretty In Lilac

Good Afternoon

The card I've got to share with you today is one I've had such fun making this morning.  I really have loved every minute.

I followed the current sketch over at Fetch A Sketch and here is what I came up with:


I had already decided to use this gorgeous digi stamp from Crafty Sentiments Designs, and decided on my backing paper at the outset.  This paper was a freebie in the latest Cardmaking and Papercrafts magazine, and perfect colours for me!

I took a scalloped card blank and distressed the edges with Milled Lavender and Dusty Concord Distress Inks. I cut the paper to size and then distressed the edges using my latest toy, a distressing tool!  It was such fun!!!!

I die cut the circle using core'dinations cardstock and a Marianne die.  I then sanded it slightly and added some little pearls.  The flourishes and flower and also Marianne dies, cut from the same cardstock and lightly sanded.  The centre of the flower was one of the die-cut shapes that also came free with the magazine.

I coloured the image using a combination of promarkers and spectrum noir alcohol pens.  I'm still very new to these pens and trying to get used to them!

Along with Fetch A Sketch I would also like to enter my card in the following challenges:

One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes

Paper Sundaes - Sundae Bar - I chose distressing and pearls

Crafty Sentiments - Love (this is for a close friend)

My Mum's Craft Shop - Pearls and Swirls

Crafts and Me Challenge - Distressing

Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by.

Jo x

18 comments:

Carol said...

Gorgeous card Jo, love the colour and the image. The Marianne die is perfect for sitting images, I love mine and my distressing tool. Carol x

Doreen said...

Love your card,fab image and backing papers.xxx

cotnob said...

This is really pretty Jo and my favourite colour. I just love that die cut and the way the image sits on the circle.
Pauline
x

Rosietoes said...

It looks as though you really enjoyed yourself Jo. Lovely card and image.

Edna x :)

Jan said...

Adorable xx Jan

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Jo, love the colour and Marianne die thanks for using Amy too she is so sweet!

Big thank you for sharing with us over at Crafty Sentiments this week....

JO xxx

Josephine said...

Beautiful! I love how she's sitting on the circle.

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

cheryl said...

oh Jo this is just gorgeous,just love that image,hugs Cherylxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Jo this is absolutely beautiful what wonderful colours and papers you have used and that image is fantastic, thank you for joining our challenge at Crafty sentiments this week.
hugs
Lorraine x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Great card, love the sweet image and pretty papers. Fabby swirl and die cut circle too. Thanks for joining us this week at MMCS.
Lyndsey xx

mags said...

Lovely card. Great colours and love the distressing. Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
Mags
x

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful card, love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT and good luck. I hope you join us again next week. Julie x

CG said...

Wow, so beautiful! I've got to get those dies! I really like your layout and colors; it all comes together so well. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week! Best, CG

Kos med papir og saks said...

this is so sweet.

thanks for joining us at OSAAT, hope you join us again.

my little scrappingcorner
DT One Stitch At A Time

Gaynor Greaves said...

Beautiful card, thank you so much for joining us at MMCS, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT :)

Tip Top said...

So pretty and a great use of our sketch! Thank you for joining in at Fetch A Sketch – hope you can join us again for the next challenge! Fetch A Sketch Challenges

Danderella said...

Absolutely wonderful! I love how the die looks like a little swing for her. Thank you for playing "Sundae Bar" with us last week at Paper Sundaes.

Danielle

Jenny said...

Such a pretty card - love the lilac! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Fetch A Sketch - I hope you can join us for our new sketch too! x