Followers

Sunday, 24 April 2011

Less Is More - Week 12

Good evening.

I hope you are enjoying the Easter weekend.

This is my card for this weeks Less Is More Challenge, which this week is 'Off Centre'.


I finally gave in and bought the Pilkington Woods stamps from Create & Craft recently, so decided to use one of the trees for this challenge.

I stamped the tree onto silk art card using Versamark ink and then embossed with white fine detail embossing powder. I then used my brayer to apply the ink which is Big & Juicy soothing sunset. To try and add a bit of depth to the image, I firstly brayered through an aperture, then removed the aperture and brayered all over the image.

This was then matted onto some gold linen card and orange card stock. White hammered card was used to create the base card. A brown ribbon from my stash was added to the card and a simple knot tied.

I decided not to add a sentiment to make the card more useable.

Thanks for having a look and for any comments you wish to make.

36 comments:

Aileen said...

Oooh very sumptious and lush. Love your tree and the panel. x

Jess S said...

this card is fab, love your brayering!

Chrissie said...

This looks beautiful Jo, I have just ordered a new brayer, it will be interesting to see if it makes me any better at the process, but at present I am not very proficient to say the least.
Super card!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

kelly said...

Oh I love anything brayered!! this is gorgeous!!
thanks for commenting on my card,
Kelly xx

Stamps and Paper said...

A very stylish card

ANne

Meggymay said...

Love your stylish card, super burst of colour.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautifully class card with real depth I love it !

Marie

Jan said...

Great card Jo, I can see why you wanted the stamp xx Jan

Emma Williams said...

I'm new to your blog and this card is beautiful!
Look forward to seeing more of your work...
Emma x

Suze Bain said...

What a lovely card Jo, gorgeous coloured ink, I'm rubbish at brayering but yours looks great. x

Kathyk said...

It's really lovely - reassuringly expensive looking!!!

Kathyk

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! Great choice of colours

Anne said...

What an elegant card! Love the tree stamp, they always make great cards don't they
Happy Easter
Anne
xxx

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

This is fab Jo, love it!

Yes I did see the new series of Doctor Who on Saturday...hubby and I are huge fans! Twas exciting! Saturdays just got even better :D

Ali x

Carol said...

Fab card Jo, love the brayering effect - need to add to my list of things to try! Gorgeous colour too. Carol x

Lynne said...

Beautiful card.
Lynne xxx

Mandi said...

Hi Jo
Your card is FAB
I tred using brayer once and I was pants lol
Thanks so much
mandi
Diva LIM
Less is More

Mishelflos Paper Creations said...

I just love those colours Jo!! I also love the card you made for your friend, the baby shoes, that must have taken you ages to stitch!
Certainly worth it though:)
love
michelle x

Lynsey said...

Hi Jo
What a lovely elegant card! I really must try and take part in this challenge this week! Hope you have had a lovely weekend.
hugs Lynsey x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Love your brayering, very stylish.
Diane :-) xx

Susan said...

Jo, this card is beautiful. I love the fine white embossing!

Mary J said...

Wow, how elegant, Jo! That white cardstock is gorgeous! My fave colour is orange so of course I'm gonna luuuurve your card!

Linby said...

A lovely card, very CAS.
Linbyx

Jose said...

Gorgeous card, I just love tree stamps.
Jose

A Consuming Passion said...

Oooh Jo this is Lush!!!! Love the image it looks so rich~~~ Are you going to be sitting in front of the TV on Friday......I will be all the way down here:)

kay said...

fabulous card,x

Anna-Karin said...

Great card, love the colour!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card, love it

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the tree and the colours you used

Vicky Hayes said...

It's lovely! The brayered background in that stunning colour makes a great base for the tree.

kingstonmama said...

That's a beautiful tree, and the panel you've created with it is stunning. I'm inspired to try the embossing resist method. So pretty.

Lynn said...

The image is wonderful, and I love what you have done with the brayering. I am new to this technique, but learning from that big family of crafters out there. Lovely card. Lynn x

Anonymous said...

Fab brayering, love the colour and great image!
Helen x

Debbie said...

Stunning card!

Irene said...

A beautiful card with a gorgeous colour combination.

Thank you so much for your
kind comment on my blog.

irene
xxxx

Sue said...

A lovely card Jo. I love the technique you've used. Sue.x