Followers

Tuesday, 5 April 2011

Teddy Bea And Her Knitting

Good Afternoon

Here I am again, back with another challenge card featuring my favourite bear. I just had to have this image, so sweet. Here is Teddy Bea doing her knitting.


The Challenge over at Teddy Bo is 'Punch It Out'.

Well, as luck would have it, I got a gorgeous new Martha Stewart PATP set for Mother's Day, this one is called Swirling Lace, and they couldn't have picked a better one. I've seen this on a few blogs and really like it, so I'm delighted!

I cut a couple of squares of card from some pearlescent cardstock and punched out the four corners. I then added a little pearl (from Joanna Sheen)to each of the corners. The backing paper is from Making Cards magazine, designed by Nancy Watt, which again got the punched corner treatment. I then punched a border from a strip of left over paper. The flowers are die-cut using a Marianne die and little buttons added to the centre with ribbon threaded through (I figured if she was knitting, she'd probably need buttons!).

I then knitted a few rows and made up a mini ball of wool, used a couple of pins for knitting needles, with the sharp ends cut off and a little glue gel applied for safety. This is a close up of her knitting.


I had stamped Teddy Bea onto some watercolour paper, but this time decided to colour her with coloured pencils. I thought that the grain in the paper would make her fur look more textured. I applied a little glossy accents to her glasses.


She was then added to the card using glue gel so she didn't look 'flat'.

I thoroughly enjoyed making this card and am also entering it in the Papertake Weekly Challenge Anything Goes with the option of using something new (my punch and the image).

I am also entering this card in the Craft Your Passion Challenge Anything Goes.

Thanks for visiting.

Jo x

18 comments:

Gayle Cook said...

As I said on our blog I LOVE this card Jo...your punch is VERY nice but your knitting is gorgeous...did you knit with the pins too!!!!!!!?!?!? ;o)

Gayle
Teddy Bo & Co x

Rosietoes said...

Jo she's just great. Love your wee knitted embellie and her glasses are fab with the glaze on them.

Good luck with the challenge!

Edna x

Hellma said...

Great card, i love this image of bea reminds me of going to my gran's, that's what she always done.

Colette said...

Fab card, I love the little bit of real knitting, a lovely touch. Glad you could join us at the Teddy Bo challenge, good luck! Colette xx

Craig said...

Cute card, love the knitting. Jx

Tammy said...

Super card. The knitting finishes it off perfect. Your punch is gorguss. Tammy hasnt seen this one. Thank you for joining us at Teddy Bo Challenge. x

Lisa said...

Fab card Jo! I love Bea's knitting ... clever idea :-)

Thanks for joining in the fun at Teddy Bo's Challenge.

Lisa x

Heather said...

Oh Jo, this is gorgeous, lucky you getting that fabulous punch!! Your little knitted embellishment is precious and your Teddy Bea beautiful.
hugs
Heather xx

Jan said...

Fab card Jo xx Jan

Mary J said...

Oh Jo, soooo sweet! Lovin' the soft sweet colour combo!

Diane's Card Designs said...

This is gorgeous Jo. What a cute image and love the knitting on those cute little pins.
Diane :-) xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is so sweet, just love your handmade bellies they look fab!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Carol said...

Brilliant card Jo, love the knitting. Just bought a couple of these digis today so I could enter the challenge. Carol x

Clairebears said...

Wow - I love the knitting :0)
Your right Teddy Bea really does look like she has fur on that paper.

Thank you for taking part in the Teddy Bo challenge and good luck.

Love Clairebears x

Jackie Rushfirth said...

Lovely card Jo, you were right about the texture on the card, it does work really well with the teddy image. Love the knitting too. Good luck with the challenge.

Jackie x

Anonymous said...

such a beautiful teddy! loving the knitting too!

Hugs June

Lisa said...

Such a cute card Jo! Just luv the knitting!! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Fabulous card - I love the real knitting - thanks for joining us at Teddy Bo this time
Hugs,
Debbie xx