Followers

Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Two To Share

Good Morning

I've two cards to share with you today.

The first one is a birthday card for a friends dad, she particularly likes paper embroidery. I hadn't done any for a while and really enjoyed making it.


The pattern was from stitching cards, and it was stitched using metallic threads.

The next card is made using an image from the SWALK range of stamps from Crafters Companion.


I coloured her using Derwent Watercolour pencils and put her onto some white glitter card using 3d glue gel. I cut four corners using a Marianne die, and then inked through the die using Big and Juicy Soothing Sunset. The corners remind me of a tiara, so were just right for this card. The backing paper is printed from the accompanying SWALK cd-rom, printed onto Centura Pearl paper.

The flowers are made using the same backing paper and a Marianne Die, and the centres cut onto white glitter card. A pearl was then added to the centre of each of the flowers. A couple of flourishes were cut, again using a Marianne Die, and added behind the flowers.

The Princess and Heart charms were from ebay, and attached using narrow ribbon. The sentiment is from LOTV, stamped using silver ink and then embossed with clear detail embossing power. A few pearls in the opposite corner completed the card.

I'm sorry about the quality of the photos, very dull here again today, so I had to use a flash and it bounces off the centura paper.

This card is being entered in the following challenges

Crafters Companion Monthly Challenge

Raise The Bar Challenge

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge

Yesterday was my lovely mum's birthday. She loved her cards.

Thanks for your visit today.

Jo x

4 comments:

Rosietoes said...

Two lovely cards Jo. I admire your patience in paper stitching - the end results are so worth it.

Edna x

Mandy said...

Beautiful cards Jo....The stitching is lovely on the first one...and I love the swalk card,their so sweet...
Mandy x

Lynsey said...

Hi Jo what wonderful cards! Love the princess card and all the sparkle! Thanks for joining in the Crafter's Companion challenge this month.
Hugs Lynsey x

Anonymous said...

What a very cute princess card, I love all the shimmer.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.