Followers

Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside

Good Afternoon.

I hope you've all had a lovely weekend.

Today's card is made using the fabulous new Faye Whittaker stamps from Joanna Sheen, this set is called Seahorse. I've always found seahorses quite fascinating.

The shape of this card was made using one of my fancy layering templates, this is my favourite one in the set of four.  The image was stamped onto watercolour card using versafine, and then coloured using Lyra Aquacolours.  The word 'Mum' on the stopper was stamped using the Crystal Tips Alphabet Set from Dimension Fourth, and embossed using Beachcomber embossing powder and does really look like sand.  The seahorses were again coloured with Lyra's, and then I applied some Glossy Accents to make them look wet.  The little shells were from my stash.

It's my mum's birthday next week, and I'm one of three girls, so this seemed the perfect card for her.

Thanks for having a look.

Jo x

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorjuss card hun ,the image is so clear well done and thanks for getting crafty at Crafty Cardmakers xx

hugs Judie xx

kathleen said...

Beautiful card.

Kathleen x

Anne said...

What a perfect image from one of 3! Lovely colours and colouring, this is so very pretty.
Happy birthday to your Mum for next week!
Anne
x

Rosietoes said...

Lovely card Jo. I never cease to marvel at your steady hand - I couldn't cut out a shape to save myself.

Love the image and your colouring is just right.

Edna x

Anne said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Jo
Happy Birthday to yooouuuu!!!!

Lin said...

Jo this is quite lovely and I am sure your Mum will love it. Beautifully coloured and will no doubt make her reminisce of when you were all young! Happy Days

Thanks so much for joining our Spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox xx