Good Afternoon
Today I have been having another play with my new goodies which resulted in this card.
The Marianne Frame I cut from pearlescent cardstock, and then taking inspiration from the fabulous Edna's blog, I inked the frame while still in the die, using Big and Juicy Hydrangea and cut and dry foam. The colour of my fingers now match the frame perfectly :) The stamps I have had for some time, and I inked it up with Versamark and then stamped the image onto double-sided silk art card. When the Versamark had dried, I applied the same ink to my new brayer and in turn applied this to the cardstock. I then trimmed down the cardstock to fit the frame, added a few pearls, and then added the frame to the card blank using 1mm foam pads.
This is the first time I have used a brayer, it was a surprise birthday present off hubby. He often watches when Barbara Gray is on C & C and was obviously inspired. I don't ever expect to attain Barbara's standard, but it was fun to make just the same.
I'm a bit mystified by the amount of colour that remains on her face. I have gone over it with a soft cloth, but cannot remove any more of the ink. Maybe I just need some practice!!!
Now I've got a real challenge!!! I've been thinking about getting some tree stamps for ages, and want them even more now so I can do reflections etc, but I'm on a 'stash diet' for February and it's only day 3. Please will somebody give me a good talking to!!!
I'm off to sit on my hands!!!
Jo x

1 comment:
Beautiful card Jo and well done on your brayering too. Love the framed picture and the cool blues.
Edna x
PS thanks for the mention LOL :)
Post a Comment