Good Evening
I was recently asked to make a card for someone who is very into Africa. There were no words required anywhere on the card. I immediately thought of giraffes and zebra's, so went straight to my Jayne Netley Mayhew cd's from Joanna Sheen.
I'm a bit uncertain about this card, and really hoping it will be ok. The base card is the pearlescent card from PaperMill. The backing paper I created using an image of zebra stripes. I chose a pink and yellowy orange card for matting and layering, thinking along the lines of a soothing sunset, along with a matt gold card. I decoupaged one of the zebra's just to add a bit of interest.
The border on the front of the card is created using the paper embroidery technique and is stitched in pink and orange metallic threads, unfortunately the camera hasn't picked up the colours too well. I thought this made a nice change from a punched border.
On the inside of the card I added an image of a giraffe, from the same cd, matted onto the same card as before. This was made to accommodate a bookmark, which once again was from the cd, which I laminated and then added a tassel.
The insert was made using one of the inserts from the same cd, which I took into a graphics programme to resize, so that the images of the animals is a bit like a watermark.
Fingers crossed this fits the bill.
I'm happy to report that I am still sticking to my stash diet. I know there's going to be lots more temptation this weekend, but all these items will still be available next month, so I'm confident now that I can stick to it for February at least.
Thanks for your visit today. If you've time, please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I really enjoy reading them all.
Enjoy your Friday evening.
Jo


2 comments:
Hi Jo, this is such a wonderful card!
Hugs Lynsey x
Jo you have done a great job with this card. I'm sure the recipient will be delighted with it.
Edna x
Post a Comment