Followers

Friday, 19 November 2010

Christmas Is Coming!

Good Morning!

It's lovely and sunny here today, and even though I seldom leave the house, I always feel much happier when the sun is shining - I'm sure I'm not on my own there!

I'd like to start with a 'Very Proud Mum' moment.  We were invited back to my eldest daughter's high school last night for the presentation of the GCSE certificates.  The class of 2010 had achieved the highest results ever for their school!!!  After witnessing first hand all the hard work and stress that surrounds these exams, I am delighted that their efforts have been rewarded so fantastically.  

And now for today's card.


This was made using Joanna Sheen's Elegant Fan's cd-rom.  I only got this cd-rom recently, and I love it!  I made myself be very brave and added a tassel!  The background paper was printed onto some pearlescent paper I bought recently from PaperMill and the matching box was made from white linen card, again from PaperMill.  The only thing left to do is add the insert (that is the part I don't enjoy!) and I'm going to make the insert out of the same pearlescent paper.

My youngest daughter is 10 on Sunday, so there is great anticipation in our house at the moment!  I'm going to finish off her birthday card today, before she gets home from school, and I'll post this after I've given it to her as she likes to read my blog and I don't want to spoil the surprise!

Thanks for your visit today, I hope you have a lovely day.

Jo x

1 comment:

Rosietoes said...

That is a really beautiful card, beautifully crafted Jo. Imagine plucking up the courage to actually use a tassel. Well done! I'm sure you had to have a cuppa to recover. LOL
Many happy returns to your wee daughter for Sunday's celebrations.
Edna x