Followers

Tuesday, 16 November 2010

A Simple Card That Says So Much

I tried to post this on November 11th, as it was such an appropriate card for the day, but I've had no end of problems blogging and so have had to set up a new blog and import the post!

Poppies are one of my favourite flowers, and this rubber stamp, which is one of Sheena Douglass's new range, stamped beautifully and was a delight to colour.  I stamped the image onto some pearlescent cardstock that I purchased recently from my local Papermill.  I stamped with a Black Versafine ink and coloured with my Lyra Aquacolours.  I then matted and layered it onto some more card from Papermill and put the sentiment (again from Sheena's stamp plate) onto the card with some foam tape just to make it stand out a bit more.


Jo

1 comment:

Vick said...

A beautiful card Jo, very classic, simple and poignant, i love poppies too and also am part of a military family, husband being a falklands veteran, was a Marine Commando for 15 years and our son is 3 yrs in the army and has done a tour in Iraq xxxxx Vick