Followers

Thursday, 14 July 2016

Summer Vacation

The challenge at CD Sunday Challenge this week is 'Summer Vacation'.

I turned to my Popcorn the Bear Men's disc from Crafters Companion and chose a wonderful image from the decoupage section to make my card:



They look like they're having a great summer vacation to me!

I used an 8 x 8 card blank for my base, and chose this edging as it reminded me of ripples on water.

I embossed some blue cardstock from PaperMill using a Darice Clouds embossing folder, and the backing paper is from the Popcorn cd-rom.   I used some fabulous glitter ribbon from Create and Craft across the centre and die cut the sentiment tag using Spellbinders dies.  I added some clear gems above the fishes to represent them blowing bubbles!

Thanks for visiting my blog today.

Jo x

8 comments:

sue-b said...

Great card Jo, like how you have used the embossing folder and glass beads giving the card depth and texture.
thanks for joining us at CD Sunday.
sue-b x

Wynn said...

I love how you've created your scene Jo.....very thoughtful. The gems are a great addition and really sparkle. Thank you for joining us for our challenge at CD Sunday. Wynn DT

Carol said...

What a clever card. The clouds and the water - especially with the bubbles- are great. So much atmosphere. Thank you for joining in Jo.
Carol xx
CD Sunday DT

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jo, such a sweet decoupage image and lovely pastel colours - your embossed clouds are perfect.
Pauline
x

Pamela said...

There's so much I love about this card! In particular I like the clouds embossing folder - will have to add this to 'want' list. Thanks for joining in the challenge this time.
Pamela
CD Sunday DT

Jocelyn said...

That looks like a perfect summer afternoon. Love all the watery elements - very effective.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday DT

meg said...

A beautiful restful scene, the pastel shade of blue for the sky and the fish paper are a perfect complement to the decoupage topper. The gems the perfect finishing touch.
Meg CD Sunday DT

Unknown said...

Great card I love the hankies on the heads takes me back lol Debbs xx